1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Liberal debate ???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by southjblue, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Try to debate the LIBs on the following---Ask for a debate on the following-
    You won't find too many to reply---I have a list of suspected LIBS---Lets see how many show up---

Lower taxes

Strong military

Teacher tenure

Abortion

2nd amendment rights

40% of wage earners who don't pay taxes

Redistrubation of wealth

Death tax

OBAMA care

energy exploration in the USA

Gay marriage

jobs going overseas and why

Don't pick and choose---One at a time

You won't find too many to reply---They can't debate on issues---Wait and see.

The LIBS won't come out of the closet--Lets have some fun----JMO---George@SJB---

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

No LIBS yet---SJB---

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

George,

Apparently you don't believe in the Constitution of the United States!!! Part of it reads in essence that each and everyone of us has a right to believe what we wish regardless of what others think. You keep getting on threads and even starting threads demeaning what some of the ts.com posters believe in.

Some questions I have for you is.......

Does the constitution only apply to you and your beliefs????????

Are you the self appointed ts.com bully???

What possible good do these type of posts do???

Does this type of behaviour grow hair on your chest????????

Why do you want to treat people like this?????

Other than a few of you, who cares about your list???????

Bill

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Sorry Bill---You see you can't debate on issues---I have some cabin fever and just wish I could have some LIBS try to change me---So try to debate in good faith and not throw arrows-You answer a ? with a ?--With respect---George

5. likes-to-shoot

Why would I want to change your mind on the issues, I agree with most of them. Just wondering why the posts.

All due respect to you also George, Bill

6. likes-to-shoot

Except maybe the abortion issue.

I don't believe in it except in cases of rape and incest.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Likes to shooe, I agree with you on thise issues esoecially abortion. Not a lib, Bulge.

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

LTS would have come out of the closet, but he's already been out for a long time. With all due respect of course.

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Bill--I respect you and will have a beer anytime with you but I'm sick of the LIB philsophy---Either your right or I am---Whats wrong with me starting a thread that don't agree with you?---I am open to your or any LIBS to try and give a good reason to my ??s---Why do you break in and try to insult me---I'm asking ??s on an open quorum---Isn't that part of the consitution---Free speach.If that bothers you,you can move on---George

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It is hard to debate with a Libtard, because if they disagree with you, they are being progressive. If you disagree with them, you are a bigot.

Oh well,,,,,,

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks coach---That says a-lot---George

12. shelly

shelly TS Member

You said a mouthful there, coach.

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Likes-to-shoot,

You and I have engaged in civil discourse in the past and I respect you. As a courtesy to me, please tell us what you believe as regards Teacher Tenure. Should teachers have tenure or not. Will you please take a stand on that one issue?

Respectfully,

Kit

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Kit---They will surprise me if they will debate---Watch the insults---Thats nxt and the usual---They can't debate on issues or they will look sick---
    Lets try more taxes to pay for the liberal agenda---Thats a start---George

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

You see---174 looks and one response and that with an insult--George

16. capulona

capulona TS Member

Hi George, here's my 1 cent:

Lower taxes:
    you get the government that you pay for - most people want twice as much government that they are willing to pay taxes. People expect good roads, clean water, efficient mass transportation(I'm a city guy), world class public education.

Strong military:
    Depends on what you are buying. Very expensive stealth fighter planes are no longer as useful because we are mostly fighting an asymmetrical warfare. Money should be spent on counter-insurgency, language/culture training, remote controlled drone planes, and an emphasis on smart soldiering (as in General David Petraeus)

Teacher tenure:
    Abolish. You can hire 2 new, fresh energetic and dynamic teachers for one who has been tenured for 20 years.

Abortion:
    Should be a woman's choice, up to the 2nd trimester, on the 3rd, only in extreme circumstances. I can't really argue this because I'm not female. It's your conscience.

2nd amendment rights:
    I love my guns, and they can can only take it from my dead, cold hands. I am a member and support the NRA.

40% of wage earners who don't pay taxes;
    Change the tax to a flat rate.

Redistrubation of wealth:
    Works only in countries where there is a lot of wealth relative to the population and people are not materialistic (and consumer oriented like the USA) and are actually willing to give away their money by paying upwards of 65% on their taxes. Like Norway.

Death tax:
    Only in inheritance of over, say $100 million dollars.

OBAMA care:
    I own a small business, and pay $1,312/month to insure myself and my family of 5. There are millions of people who get medical treatment for free and the rest of us pay for it. It's not like forcing people to buy a car, not everyone will ever need/use a car. But everyone will at some point use medical services. It doesn't work if you only buy insurance when you are sick.

This is the real question: do you believe medical care is a Right or a Privilege? I think in a country like the USA, it is a fundamental right. Otherwise we're just another third world nation.

energy exploration in the USA:
    The realistic solution is alternative power. Sure, fossil powered vehicles will not go away for the next 50 years, but there is a finite amount of oil in the planet, and it's going to run out. Maybe not in 25 years, but surely at some point in the future. It's irresponsible to disregard this fact so just we can drive vehicles that get 15mpg. I see this in my commute every day, single passenger vehicles that weigh 3 tons with one guy in the truck.

Gay marriage:
    The courts just ruled today - the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional. I don't care if Gays get married(men or women). I'm been married myself for 24 years. I would draw the line, though, on people marrying animals.

jobs going overseas and why:
    It's a global economy - companies want to make more profit. If Walmart can buy white T-Shirts that are equivalent in worksmanship in China for 99cents per 100,000 pieces, why would they pay $1 for one Made in the USA?

So - what does that make me?

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Capulona---That was a great response---Not with an insult and you are intitled to your opinion---Thanks---George

18. likes-to-shoot

Kit.........I don't think gov. employees should be unionized. Not only is it unfair to the tax payers I believe that it has hurt the quality of education in our country.

But I will still support Trade Unions in the private sector.

Bill

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Bill---good response---Any others?---George

20. capulona

capulona TS Member

Thank you, George. I knew you are someone that will actually engage in a mature, intelligent and reasonable discourse.
    Best Regards- Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.