1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lib Yuppies KILLING Long Island!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

I shoot almost exclusively at the Town of Brookhaven Shooting Range here on Long Island, NY. The land is owned by the Town of Brookhaven and leased for purposes of skeet/trap/rifle/pistol shooting. It's a beautiful setup and professionally run (albeit a bit expensive.) This a.m. I was told that on Dec. 4 the Town of Brookhaven is voting to prohibit the discharge of any firearms on property owned or leased by the Town. This will mean that the two public ranges for trap/skeet/clays will be shut down. Along with this proposal are new restrictions to be placed on duck hunters.....town land no longer ends at the low tide mark but extends out to the first buoys. Therefore, waterfowl hunters can no longer hunt from the beaches. They must be XX amt. of yards offshore.

It's incredible! What can one expect from the land that brought us Carolyn McCarthy? (she lives 4 miles from me.) as well as Schumer, Clinton, Bloomberg et. al. I think my days on LI are numbered. It's not America any longer. Thanks for lettin' me vent me spleen.

Ummm....'cheers'.
    Bill

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Hey don't complain too much. I lost Bridgehampton race track to a golf course. I spent many happy hours ripping around that historic course.

Change isn't always for the better.

Smash Em,

Jerry

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I think you should inform the idiots that once they close the range they are responsible for it's clean up, and restoration to prerange coditions. Once they realize how many millions that will cost, they might reconsider the way they will vote. HMB

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Get involved= start a petition=

go to the meetings

Dont just sit there and complain about it

Gene

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I lived on Long Island for many years - shot a lot of rifle and pistol cartridges there. You gotta stand up and fight.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

OMG! NOw the town can override the federal riparian rights and shoreline laws.

I supose once they move the town limits out they will fill it in and sell the land.

How much Bullshit can they put out without being challenged? Better get on this one, it's almost as stinky as those "eminent domain" land seizures.

Lawyers please put in your 2 cents here.

HM

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Don't complain - DO something!

Call your local, state gun rights group and your local NRA contact,

Go to www.nra-ila.org and go to grass roots, click on NY when you get to the map for "getting involved locally", contact your EVC in your Congressional District and start working a calling tree of local, NRA members in your area to get a showing at any public meeting and/or to show up to vote

8. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Even if you are "outnumbered", sometimes politicians will withdraw, table, water down, or otherwise defuse hot button issue proposals if they deem there is substantial backlash

The BIGGEST problem with us gun owners, shooters, collectors, hunters, etc is that most of the time 99% do NOTHING except sit around and bitch and moan and complain why isn't the NRA doing something for them - without looking in the mirror and saying "I'm the NRA" I'm going to do something and get active and get a few others to do the same

9. oz

oz Active Member

the town/state can't keep people from the high tide line. that is federal law. oz

10. willing

willing Member

They wouldn't let us run our boats into LLoyd Harbor on Long Island, never mind the beaches..
    Bill

11. Billster

Billster TS Member

Brookhaven is so well set up: asked them about lead mining there and Billy took me for a ride in the ATV to behind the berm about 250 yrds back. Back there is a HUGE blacktopped area about the size of three football fields; like a huge parking lot. It's graded toward the center and the rain washes the lead into the center. Periodically they have a street sweeper run thru and sweep up all the lead. Was amazed at the simple solution. The environmentalists can't b*tch about lead in the ground water.

Don't know what legal action can be taken to stop the proposal if it's voted for. It's the town's land and they pretty much can do what they like with it. Yeah - raced a D prod. Triumph at the Bridge in the late 60's and remember the CanAm and TransAm series coming thru there every year. GOLF is much more important to these metro-sexuals now. Raced a modified stock car at Freeport Stadium. Famous historic track is now an empty B.J.'s department store.

Don't understand how they can move boundaries legally out past low water mark either.

On Wednesday I'll talk to Joe the boss at B'haven and see who they've contacted (NRA, etc.) for help.

Bill

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Uneducated municipal leaders do try this stuff, and sometimes they get away with it.

We had our city jpass an ordinance that had hunters going 30 yards out into the water(not city property, lake bottom belongs to the state) before they could shoot waterfowl.

NOw instead of being on shore shooting outwards they go out 30 yards and shoot back toward the city when the geese fly out.

Nice job, councilmen.

HM

13. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Move to Texas and these problems will be a distant memory.

14. nicky

nicky Member

Just wait untill the next generation sit's in all of our town seats. We all know that the future kid's don't have the interest in shooting sports or hunting that pass generations have. Today's youth for the most part have been conditioned to stay away from guns in general. These very same kid's today are the ones that will be making tomorrow's decisions.,Kevin

15. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

Get a grip, duckman. The last thing Texas needs is more yankees to move in and turn it into another liberal nuthouse.

16. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Bernie

Bill is a shooter and that's cool with me. There are some good Yankees that shoot.

Grip this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.