1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lHooray, Hooray, Hooray! I can adjust my Allem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mike680, May 7, 2013.

1. mike680

mike680 Member

I have 4 Beretta 680 series trap guns and all have releases done by Allems gun craft. They also did my bt 99 plus. Exceptional work and great to deal with. Trigger will have to be fitted to gin since they aren't drop out triggers.
    Good luck
    Mike V

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Herb,

I shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap with a release. I had Phillip Crewelge install mine. He does need the receiver as its not just a drop in thing. I believe Phillip charges $250 to do it. His price is about half the price of others but equal quality. He stands behind his work no questions asked. I had a nasty flinch and it sure helped my issue.

Phillip's Gunsmithing<br>
    314A W. LENNON DR.<br>
    #223<br>
    EMORY , TX 75440<br>
    Phone: 210-313-5988<br>
    E-Mail: pgcrenwelge@yahoo.com<br>
    Owner:phillip Crewelge

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Listen to grntitan!!

4. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

250 for a single but not a Dbl. Release. More like 500 for both.

5. grntitan

Yes, $250 per trigger. I only got a single release on the bottom for my Unsingle. Others are nearly $500 per trigger.

6. grntitan

Herb,

I don't shoot doubles. I'm not sure my pea brain could work a double release or a release pull. I am wanting to start doubles this year so it should be quite interesting when it comes time to address said issue. I think I'll grab me a trap by myself for quite a spell. :)

The only doubles I have shot were practice with an 1100 trap. I have no problems going back to a pull trigger but my flinch shows itself once in awhile when I do.

But to answer your question, yes mine would be release/pull or pull/release depends on which one you shoot first. These other fellas can better help on this subject.

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I had Dean at Skeets Gun Shop do a double release for me. (682 O/U). He did a great job. Also, Phillip Crenwelge has done several release triggers for me and will do you a great job at a good price. If you have a 682 O/U I would advise a double release. I believe the cost for an O/U is around $500 - $600.

8. lpflame

lpflame TS Member

I have a set of release hooks for a Beretta 682X. I would sell them for $250. You will need to have a gunsmith fit them for you.

lpflame@yahoo.com is my contact information

9. njuliano

njuliano Member

I second the Allem roller release. I have one on my 682 and like it very
    much. You can change the roller to chance the release pressure
    or remove the roller with one screw and your back to a pull trigger for
    whatever reason. It may take you several hundred targets to
    get use to it. It did resolve my flinching and worth every penny.

Good luck....Nick

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Phillips's every time!

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Release-pull for doubles is the way to go in my opinion. Just a more natural way to shoot. Not so involved. After the first bird you may not have a problem pulling, for the second one.

12. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I tried the release/pull for doubles many years ago but only for 5 or 6 hundred pair as I started flinching on the 2nd shot. I went to double release and never had a problem. My opinion is if you never flinch, you don't need a release. Its one more thing to break, adjust, malfunction, etc. Larry Evans

13. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Herb, i shoot a release /pull but, CANNOT shoot double release.I was told by double release shooters to go with double release to start with, so i did. WRONG!!!!I tried for a LOONNGG time but, could not get my "Pea" brain to work it.I have shot the release/pull for 3-4 yrs and do not have trouble "flinching" with the second shot. Dean at Skeet's had surgery the 22nd of last month and may not be back at work. Phillip does Great Trigger work for about the same price 6 of one & "half dozen of the other".SORRY GUYS but, Allem's can be RUDE on the phone--JMO. Joe joe90t

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Another vote for Allem's (much to Andy's chagrin). Their Roller Release is more costly but no other one matches it for smoothness and the ability for the owner to change the speed of the trigger or change it back to a pull trigger with a simple screwdriver in little more than the time it takes to remove and reinstall the stock.

[​IMG]

The photo above shows my son's Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II receiver with factory pull triggers (top) and mine with Allem Roller Release triggers. There is some machining that must be done inside the receiver for the release mechanicsms to fit, another reason for Beretta releases possibly costing a little more than some others.

[​IMG]

The second photo is a closer look at a 682 Gold E receiver fitted with Allem's Roller Release.

Ed

15. titan01

titan01 Member

Phillips did my 682 gold e release believe it cost $275 per barrel had it back in two weeks all he needs is the receiver. I am very pleased with the trigger.

16. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Had my 682 done by Allem's back in 08, very pleased with the roller release! To date the release is working perfectly, no problems.

As I stated, I am very pleased with this release and can recommend it to everyone. However, it is not cheep. I only had the top barrel done ($550.00), the bottom barrel is pull.

In shooting doubles I have adapted to release/pull.

Frank

17. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Herb

The design behind the Allem's release in a Beretta is such that your do not need to: TAKE IT OUT, PUT IT IN or ADJUST IT. The fact is, you can not do any of these. The roller is a dedicated device that is not intended to be adjustable. However, it is my understanding that in some makes of trap guns different seize rollers are used to effect timing, not in Beretta's.

"How do you set the trigger so it doesn't fire while you are just thinking about it.?" Gee Herb you must be thinking about sex!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank

18. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

All the poor guy asked was how to adjust what he has, if possible. I don't think he's looking to buy anything else from anyone else - OVER?

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Herb. a couple hundred faux shots against a Terry Jordan wall chart or something you rig up yourslef in your garage or house will get you over this snag. many of us have "been there, done that".

20. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Or remove the screw, and then the shim (cylinger), repalce the screw, and you are back to a pull tirigger.

Search tags for this page

beretta silver pigeon 1 receiver