1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LH shooter, seem to miss left hand targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

problem latly, when swinging left allmost seems like im seeing the target under the barrel. As is im raising the gun on left hand target

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Adjust your stance to accommodate the hard left, lower your gun a tad and hold for the straightaway, and wait for the target to clear your barrel so you really see it. It sounds like you might be coming out of your gun (pushing it off of your face). Of course, this is just my opinion -- been there, done that...(I'm left-handed as well).

3. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi from a fellow lefty who used to, and occasionally still does, have the same problem. On the harder lefts off 1 and 2 I always thought I saw about the correct sight picture. I discovered that as soon as the target appeared to be heading left I would raise my head a fraction to get a much better look at the target.Ooooop's. I was also starting to get a little self-conscious about the target and checking my shot before pulling the trigger instead of trusting myself and shooting instinctively. Problem mostly cured by keeping nut on butt, eye on target, and not being too chickenchit to pull the trigger instinctively. FWIW. Cheers-Graham.

4. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Mac, great suggestions from browning4me and K1W1. I think the lead on hard lefts is usually more than one may initially think is there. Lock the trap down for hard lefts and shoot a bunch from there. Try different hold angles and heights to find what works best for you. Read your breaks and adjust your lead. You will break em. Lefty Bob

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- From your post, it seems as if you hold a high gun. If this is correct, then look with intensity over your gun. Never move your gun, not even a little bit, until the bird is above your line of sight over the gun.

You will shoot faster and with more accurately if you wait for the bird to get above your gun. I recognize that this sounds counter intuitive, but is works.

Pat Ireland

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you hold your gun bellow the left corner of the house and a little to the left you will be able to see the bird as soon as it leaves the house. This gives your brain a little extra time to figure out what to do. Makes shooting hard lefts a lot easier. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.