1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LH Model 12 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoov, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoov

hoov Member

Did they ever make a LH model 12 ?

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Nothing should be made for L Handed, their bad just ask the nuns that taught us that back in the 50's by hitting you if you picked the pen up that way

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

everything( SHOULD) be available in both R. & L. hand, as dad of 4, two lefties & two right handers i know from experience what a challenge it is, we had quite a bit of trouble in school keeping our lefties left handed, had to buy them L.H. scissors--baseball gloves etc. all the way through school as schools would not get anything for them. anybody that has not tried doing things with WRONG hand just needs to try going through a whole day--week--month --year and see what it's like. i broke my right arm in grade school and had to TRY to do everyday things lefty, boy what an eye opener. NUFF said.. Ross

5. Bruce Specht

Ross, I couldn't agree more but look at what society does to southpaws it's wrong.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say society shuns the lefties but it does seem as most things are adapted primarily for right hand users. (I'm a lefty) The biggest obstacle for me was penmanship, never really got that one mastered. Also baseball was a huge challenge, especially trying to hit right handed. These kinds of problems are really just the lack of proper instruction.

When it comes to guns, most right handed guns work okay for lefties and aren't really a handicap. Then there are a few right handed designs that actually work better for a lefty. The wonderful M1911 being one and the S&W double action swing out cylinder revolvers being another example. The M1897 winchester pump offers the lefty a tremedous single load advantage over right handed shooters and the lefty also has the advantage when operating a right handed bolt gun off a rest. (assuming a neutral stock) I guess the world is what you make of it.

7. Bruce Specht

Southpaws may not be shuned but they are left out and given few choices. It certainly has gotten better but look at how most things are made and a LH version is custom and more expensive

8. George Steffes

George Steffes TS Member

they say left handed people are the only ones in their right minds.haha

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

I had a hard time finding a "Left handed monkey wrench". Plumbers know this story well. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lh model 12