1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lexington M4 Minutemen.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    (The M4 is the recent carbine version of the M16, similar to the old XM177E2.)

2. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

NEVER FORGET....
    The British expedition that left Boston on April 15, 1775 was going out into the countryside to confiscate guns, gunpowder, and lead. I've always wondered if I would have had the courage to walk out onto Lexington green that fateful morning and tell them NO..!! AND...be willing to back it up with my trusty single-shot flintlock. I pray the day never comes that I have to make a similar decision to stand in front of our own military forces and say NO..!!
    If it does come to that...I'll be leaving the flintlock at home...

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

4th of July

"Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

Five were captured by the British as traitors, tortured before they died.

Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.

Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists.

Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing
    full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxto n of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family
    was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton,Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged
    General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife 's bed side as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished.

Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free! I hope you will show your support by sending this to as many people as you can, please. It's time we get the word out that patriotism is NOT a sin, and the Fourth of July has more to it than beer, picnics, and baseball games."

Don Steele, I'm sure glad those guys above did! Hap

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Thank God, Thank God O' Mighty, that these men gave all for our freedom. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I was born in Lexington, if you could see the state of that town now you would be ashamed...almost as left as Cambridge Mass! Pitiful!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

God Bless America........and Damn the Looney Left!!

Fly your flag.

HM

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What is amazing is how so many brilliant minds came together in the fight for freedom.<br>
    <br>
    And unlike more modern "freedom movements", did not use it as an opportunity to enslave the populace. Indeed, the founding Fathers provided for the means of rebellion by ensuring the citizens were individually armed.<br>
    <br>
    I am relived by the recent Supreme Court ruling. For the first time in a long time I feel we're living more in America than Amerika.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.