1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lewiston , idaho gun club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sub sr., Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sub sr.

sub sr. TS Member

Feb 12, 2009
    the lewiston gun club was at one time one of the three clubs that hoasted the
    idaho state shoot but now they are not around, rumor has it that they sold their assets to another state--so where didthe members go??
  2. Phill

Phill Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I would guess at least a good percentage now shoot at Colton Gun Club. Are you looking for a club near Lewiston, ID?
  3. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

May 6, 2009
    Marcola Oregon
    A lot of the shooters now shoot at the Culdesac Gun Club and I think many just quit shooting. From what I hear the Lewiston Club may be back just not as big.
  4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Maybe they are headed to Boise to shoot. It seems that's where they all think is the only place.
  5. sl93z

sl93z TS Member

Dec 24, 2007
    As the newly elected president of the Lewiston Gun Club (LGC), I can assure you that we are still alive. Three years ago we were evicted from our facility because the airport decided they had to have an industrial park and they wanted our land to build it on. This means we no longer have a shooting facility. However, we still have a board of directors, regular board meetings, members, and an annual membership meeting as required in our club cahrter and by-laws. (BTW, the airports dream of an industrial park is not going anywhere. The only reason they tried it was because there was FAA money out there to do something with so they decided to take it. Very sad actually, that the oldest continuously operated gun club in the nation (founded in 1881), after 43 years of operation at the airport site, is now without a shooting facility).

The LGC is actively seeking a new location and as soon as we can buy some land we will open our doors once again. Much of our old equipment was sold off, but we still have enough traps, stands, etc. to open a facility as soon as we get some land. (As a side note I personally want to acknowledge and thank Speer/CCI for allowing us to store our equipment containers on their land free of charge until we find a new location. Speer/CCI has been a good friend to the LGC over the years and a great asset to our shooting community.)

In response to the speculation above, many of our club members register and shoot at the surrounding clubs (Colton, Culdesac, Genesee, Cottonwood, Troy, Orofino, Grangeville, Pomeroy, etc.). Some of our members gave up shooting altogether, but that had more to do with due to age, cost, travel etc. Boise is a bit too far away unless there is a major weekend event taking place.

One day we will hold a shoot even if it means I have pull out my little red hand thrower and throw the targets mayself. :D

Ken Wareham
  6. Lyle

Lyle Member

Jan 29, 1998

Good to see this post. I always had a good time at the Lewiston Gun Club. Good luck with finding a new place to hang your hat. I will attend shoots up there again if you get it going.

Lyle Bayley
    Nampa, Idaho
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lewiston gun club lewiston id

lewiston id forum
lewiston id gun club
lyle bayley
melba gun club
orofino gun club
trap club near lewiston id