1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lewis option

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chourico, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chourico

chourico TS Member

Is it really worth it to play that option?I went to some shoots were I paid $10 to enter and got a check in the mail for 4,6,and $9 dollars.Sometimes you shoot a 99 in singles you get nothing and a score of 88 pays $100.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's gambling. Is any gambling really worth it in the end? That said, i play it and have had so/so luck. It's just some entertainment for me. My buddy has sh!t a$$ luck and hits it every freak'n time and he's not that great. It's the luck of the draw.

Matt

3. chourico

chourico TS Member

I just get a kick out of it when i first started shooting registered birds all i heard was all the money you could win at these shoots boy were they wrong.Good thing i love to shoot trap or i would have quit a long time ago.Around my area most people are not playing many options due to economy.If i can break even at a shoot i am very happy.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

How does the old joke go???? Question: How to have a million $ shooting trap? Answer: You start with $2 million and play the options. Regards, Ed

5. grntitan

OG--I like that... Hadn't heard it before.

Matt

6. chourico

chourico TS Member

thats a good one old goat

7. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

It will be worth playing at this years Grand!

8. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

It will be worth playing at this years Grand!

9. chourico

chourico TS Member

your better off playing the lottery than trying to win the big money at the grand.You will spend most of the money trying to get there.

10. grntitan

"You will spend most of the money trying to get there."

I disagree. If you spend anywhere near $200,000 to get to and participate in the Grand no matter where your coming from, there is a serious issue. I'll be trying no matter how much i suck. LOL

Matt

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

I get into them just because it's part of the game,if we start debating wheather it's worth it then your starting to put a price on your fun.As a Friend told me when I was beginning to complain about the price of Bass fishing,,,,,If you put a price on your fun things to do,then it won't be fun anymore.

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Play it in the handicap. I use to shoot with a man who was rich. When he won a $5 or $10.00 lewis it was like Christmas morning to him. With all the thousands of dollars we have invested in equipment, play the Lewis. I always felt, even if I shot poorly, than if I hit the Lewis, I always felt like a winner.
    Steve Balistreri

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you don't play it, and you miss a target,..what are you shooting for?

On the other hand, if you can't shoot at least an 87 in the event, save your Lewis money.

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A great tool for sandbaggers to collect money while shooting a low score inorder to get a handicap yardage reduction. HMB

15. Mr Lewis

Mr Lewis TS Member

I like to shoot trap, problem is, is that Im not that good at it. Why would I pay to shoot an event I have no chance at? with the lewis class I can still shoot with my friends have a good time and if Im lucky get a lewis class win. As I say, better lucky than good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

25 option trapshooting

lewis class trap shooting options

lewis option

lewis option in trapshooting

lewis options