1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lever on diamond trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Any g unsmiths on here can tell me how to remove the top lever from the tang that goes inside the frame to release the barrels.
    I cannot get top screw out to put a new one in. I can see that to install one the rotating part must go in from the bottom side first
    I am hoping someone can tell me what it take to get the screw in the top of the lever loose. Is it right or left hand threads. Thanks Bill

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Are you replacing the whole top lever or just the lever(the part your finger hits)

The whole top lever can be removed from the top of the receiver by accessing parts through the bottom of the receiver.

Removing just the lever can be a real bugger. You'll need a perfectly fitting screwdriver bit. Make sure the blade is not too long or it will break off. Place the bit into a drill press or milling machine and then firmly vice up the reciever or complete top lever. Ever sooo carefully hand turn the chuck to "crack" the screw out.

Doug

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

GunDr.
    Thanks for the info. But it looks like to me that if you can't remove the lever ( the part you finger pushes ) so you can put the stud in from the botton that it will not go down through the hole in the top.
    The bottom of the stud ( the part that is in the reciever ) has a large oval shape on the bottom of it and is larger that the hole.I hope I explained my meaning right. Bill

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

OH, you are right!! I've had enough in here that I should have known. When 101s come into the shop, they are here to have the locking bolts rebuilt, what's only need is to have the screw removed from the bottom of the top lever to allow the locking bolt to come out. I don't always need to remove the top lever.

5. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Yes that is my problem. The bottom of the locking bolt broke. Making the lever usless. That is the first one I have ever removed but I had to go into the bottom first. Now where can I get a new one. I have the reciever stripped down. I don't see where the locking bolt has any theads from the bottom to screw it to the bottom of the stucd. Bill

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Because the bottom of the top lever has that lug poking out to the side, into that lug is where the "actuator screw" would go. The locking bolt has nothing screwed into it.

With the bottom off the receiver, you shold see a slot in the locking bolt. This is where the screw passes through into the lug. The screw does not have a head...per se. The head is approx the same size as the threaded portion. Also the "head" does not have threads in the area that contacts the slot in the locking bolt.

Did you maybe???...just break the screw off? You may still need to pull the top lever to properly drill out the broken stud.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.