1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Letterman's mouth

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bluedevil, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Letterman

Every mother, and father for that matter, should be outraged by Letterman's latest tirade against Palin. He called her a "slut" and accused her 14 year old daughter of "getting knocked up" by a Yankee ballplayer. I have sent several e-mails already and have got an apology from our local CBS station. If you want to disagree on politics fine, but children, especially 14 years old are off limits. He needs to be removed, flood his show with e-mails. He is one disgusting human being. I would be just as outraged if someone on here called Obama's girls something like that or his wife. They are a family for God's sake, don't like his politics but have we no respect for anything anymore?

2. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

He should be fired, but the liberal media won't touch him. If that was Obama's daughter the entire world would have hung him outside his studio....DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Need his show and broadcasting company email address. Post it.

4. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I do love Letterman, but not seeing the video and only hearing it from this account, he definitely went way over the line. I'm going to check it out now though.
    -Trappy

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MvaXBlGg0o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MvaXBlGg0o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Ok I take that back. He was absolutely fine in that part! I do not know about his comments about Palin's daughter, but he DID NOT call Palin a "slut." He commented on her clothing! Not on her character or personal choices, ON HER CLOTHING.
    -Trappy

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So if he said that about your mother,,,,you would be ok with it????

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pE7RqubVNUo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pE7RqubVNUo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What do you think of this POS little man now,,,,letterman lives in a glass house,,,,(won't stoop to his level regarding his kid and wife)

Politics is one thing, but he has made it personal!!!

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

If someone says your wife or daughter dresses like a slut, you're ok with that? You have a whole different set of values than I do, and that's your right. It's ok to say that a 14 year old is getting knocked up by a baseball player while she is attending the game with her family? Lord, how far can we sink?

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Here's Palin's official response..."Concerning Letterman's comments about my young daughter (and I doubt he'd ever dare make such comments about anyone else's daughter): 'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands -- that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.'"
    Besides the fact that she did not write that, I did find that comment to be over the line completely. However, as I said before, his comment about calling Sarah Palin a "slut," was no more than him commenting on her clothing NOT on her person. Yes it is offensive to Palin, but it is NOT over the line. That is what these guys do, they attack people who are in the public eye. I'm not condoning this, but you have to admit that based on the context it was NOT over the line and furthermore he was NOT calling Palin a slut.
    -Trappy

9. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Letterman is a scum bag! He talks about a child being 'knocked up'! That didn't happen,(that was Palin's 14 year old daughter with her at the ballgame) but he seems to forget his own misgivings, ie., he fathered a bastard child by a woman he 'shacked' with for 13 years before marrying her in 2009. His bastard son was born in 2003! This immoral idiot should be run out of town! They say oh, he's a comedian, he was just being funny. Balderdash, he's a left wing idiot!

10. esetter

esetter Active Member

For my part you do not attack anyone's children. That is not what America is all about. He is dead wrong here and owes her and her daughter an apology. It won't happen because the media won't cover anything against a Republican, but any decent person would admit that he made a mistake and say he was sorry. God we are on a bad track here and I'm afraid where this country will end up.

11. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

esetter, CNN was laying into him tonight.
    Barry, that was like over a year ago, get over it. And you must be drinking a bit more than koolaide if you think this has anything to do with liberalism or politics in general.
    -Trappy

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12

"And you must be drinking a bit more than koolaide if you think this has anything to do with liberalism or politics in general.

Lets see he makes a off colored comment about the Governor of The largest state in the Union daughter a woman that just happens to be a former candidate for VP of the United States. Also a Conservative.

Oh no nothing political about that at least not in your mind. Letterman hasn't ever made a political in his whole career.

Ya and the rest of us will believe that about the same time you get your third set of teeth.

Bob Lawless

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Ivanhoe, a political comment, but I'm saying liberalism and conservatism is NOT at the root of everything like many seem to believe. It really has no place in this argument as it is far beyond the point. I'm sure this was Obama's fault in some way though, right? Wait no! It was definitely Bush's fault, without a doubt.
    -Trappy

14. cafowler

cafowler Member

Letterman owns his show, and has made bucku bucks. I'm guessing he has a personal net worth of $100M, just a guess. He is at a point he is more concerned with delivering a political statement every night than being funny. The show has become incredibly left friendly in the last 2-3 years. I hope tons of folks finally realize this and quit watching, it would be the best thing for the show to go out before it becomes even worse of a constant political statement each night.

I suspect his writers that came up with the joke are same guys that do the the morning show, and probably all kinds of stuff in New York. Dave is just an old dupe of his staff slipping inappropriate jabs at a politician and her family into a show. Not the first or last time it will happen. They all know he just appologizes and the real culprits identity will never even be known.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy12 just how Political and how Conservative do you suppose it would have been if someone had made that type of a comment about one Obama's daughters.

Wake up Mr. I think I know all about Politics and smell the coffee.

Bob Lawless

16. 100straight

100straight Member

All this time you guys thought trappy was 12. Now we know that 12 is his IQ. Actually that is higher than I would give him credit for. What an idiot.

Mark.

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Trippy if Letterman did not cross the line you certainly need to redraw the line,oops! That is what this is all about, you liberal self conformists have been doing that to suit your own views. I'm sure that in some point in the future you will be on the receiving end of what you today think is acceptable. I can hear the whining now. What Letterman did is no different that what got Don Imus (sp) in hot water. At least Don used terms that were commonly used but because he was not of color it was racial. Jake

18. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Not over the line for a little boy who wants to date Sean Connery. You have an aversion to women there trampy?

In a face to face setting saying any of the above about a mans wife, daughter or mother could constitute an ass whoopin in my part of the country. Might want to stay in liberal yankee land with that type of an attitude.

19. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

"I do love Letterman, but not seeing the video and only hearing it from this account, he definitely went way over the line. I'm going to check it out now though. -Trappy"

We'll get to the bottom of things now....Trappy is on the case! Children should be seen and NOT heard. Keep your mouth shut and your ears open and you MIGHT learn something. On second thought I doubt it.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

20. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Letterman is only a reflection of New York City political thought. I can't stomach him anymore. Leno gives Los Angeles humor on the other channel. I tuned both of them out years ago. Liberals aren't funny to me anymore, except when they aren't trying to be funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.