1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to the Denver Post after new mag law

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Catpower, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Rick I sent Hickenlooper a letter with the same gist, guess he doesn't care about out of state money

2. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I changed my state of residence from CO to AZ. As of 1-1-13 CO will not be receiving our state income taxes or registration fees on our two vehicles. We will still be enjoying the beauty of western CO in the Spring, Summer and some of the Fall but we will not contribute to the tax base. If you are an out of state hunter or fisherman I suggest you check out Utah, Wyoming or Montana for your next big game hunt or fishing trip. Spend your money in a red state. Don't do blue. Rich Strickland

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rich you might want to check the tax code in Colorado before you boast about this on a public forum--

Your "protest" is certainly justified but maybe you are confused about state taxation?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS and likewise- although the thought is there- the mere idea that the dinky shoot has any effect on the economy of Colorado is ridiculous--- The Grand was 100 times as big and Ohio didnt miss a beat when the ATA officials beat their chests

EDIT-- I am not trying to discourage anyone from calling or writing-- probably the opposite--- just sitting back isnt going to have an effect nor the assumption that this will have a tremendous economic impact if any because of a Glock owner like this

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gun owners calling the Portland Mayor's office, the city council, the Portland chamber of commerce and the state tourism bureau to complain about a proposed anti-gun law were able to help get it tabled a few years ago.

The worst thing to do is remain silent. All it takes are a few phone calls, and for most people with a cell phone the call costs are already covered in their plans.

Don't let Gene discourage you from calling or writing.

5. Mac55555mn

Mac55555mn TS Member

so gene we just sit back and watch it happen? you're missing the point on this one . Brad in minnesota

6. thunder

thunder Active Member

I wrote the Governor of Colorado stating that I will not spend any revenue in the state of Colorado if gun, magizine legislation was passed. This is reply letter I received back a few days before he signed the bills. Needless to say I will boycott their state for tourism and product produced in the state.

Dear _ _ _ _

Thank you for writing regarding gun control in Colorado. This is an important subject, and we appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts and concerns.

Over the past year in Colorado and across the nation, we have experienced an unprecedented level of tragedy due to gun violence. The shooting that occurred in Aurora on the night of July 20, 2012, is an event that will remain in our hearts and minds forever. And while our lives will never be the same again, these experiences showed the strength and resilience of individuals to come together as a community. Now, as a community, we must come together to find ways we can prevent similar tragedies in the future.

Your letter is one of thousands we have received offering thoughts on everything from banning assault weapons, to increasing mental health availability, to the rights of citizens to carry concealed weapons. The diversity of opinions on how best to address this issue is proof positive that we should not shy away from this discussion. We are confident that through thoughtful and mindful debate we can find reasonable solutions that respect the rights of law-abiding Coloradans to own firearms while maintaining the health and safety of our communities.

In Colorado, individuals purchasing firearms at firearms dealerships and gun shows undergo background checks, and we believe that universal background checks will help ensure that guns don’t fall into the hands of those who would use them to harm themselves or others. This is a multifaceted issue and part of this dialogue should focus on mental health access. In addition to addressing firearms, we have also asked the Colorado General Assembly to support a comprehensive overhaul of our state’s mental health system so we can better deliver support and services to people sooner rather than later, and provide appropriate interventions.

This is a conversation that will continue throughout the course of this legislative session, so we also encourage you to share your thoughts with your legislators. To contact the House of Representatives, please call 303-866-2904. To contact the Senate, please call 303-866-2316. These contacts will direct your call to the appropriate office. Or, you can find your legislators online at http://www.colorado.gov/esri/webmaps/my-hood.html?webmap-id=a4838d49acca478e82f453d209bc81d9

Once again, thank you for your input, and for taking the time to contact our office. We will keep your thoughts in mind as we move forward.

Sincerely,

Office of Governor John W. Hickenlooper

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Wow! and double Wow!

Change a few things like the name of the State and phone numbers and it looks like the SAME letter I received from my two worthless senators Cantwell and Murray!!!!

NO KIDDING!!

So its true that liberals CAN'T THINK for themselves, its party or nothing!!

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Gene you just don't get it! Yes the state of Ohio may not have missed a beat when the shooting complex closed in Vandalia. But have you talked to the people who owned stores there? How about the kids that made that extra money for 10 days in August and 6 days in June?

Why is it that people correlate loss to the government when a business closes. The government never seems to have to cut back, they just keep spending money they don't have.

Our Government(s) are out of control.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You see Gene lives off the Government by talking Veterans into filing lawsuits against said Government, represents them Pro Bono and them gets his cut over and over again. Same loser who accuses everyone else of receiving undeserving Government funds but is milking the system like some modern day "Legal Eagle"?

See Gene is pro Government and dislikes when we oppose their bureaucracy.

Now he wants you to remain hush on these gun issues instead of standing up for your rights. You have to wonder on which side of the coin he sits. Hmmm?

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder what his track record is considering how fuzzy his posts here are?

11. g7777777

EDIT-- I am not trying to discourage anyone from calling or writing-- probably the opposite--- just sitting back isnt going to have an effect nor the assumption that this will have a tremendous economic impact if any because of a Glock owner like this

My post was to Rich Strickland who said he was going to remain in Colorado but just not pay state taxes any longer because he declared his official residence as Arizona

Grnloser train--- you are a confused person and obviously jealous of Veterans of todays conflicts-

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Anyone wonder why Gene has so many 7s in his sign on name???? I'm sure most of us old timers here remember.

Maybe Gene would like to explain it for the new guys. Might just explain some of his seemingly goofy posts.

Jimmy

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Was it his psychiatric patient number in the State Mental Hospital?

14. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Gene,

It looks from the post as if 'gyrine' owns properties in both states (my assumption).

He can chose either as his primary residence as long as he meets the states residency requirement (typically a number of days per year).

If he 'moves' to AZ then CO has no say in the matter.

Obviously he will need to pay property taxes, but beyond that he should be fine.

15. g7777777

HSLDS- correct on property taxes- and depending on earned and investment income he might have to pay in both states also - at least to the proportion earned there

If that werent so everyone would just claim a state where there was no state income etc.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

16. larryx

larryx Member

Have you seen this?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-rifles-shotgun-discussion/163817-outdoor-channel-pulls-production-colorado.html

17. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The governor here in MN wants to tax all your income if you reside in this state for more than 60 days...

You may have heard it can get cold in Minnesota in January, or for that matter in April. Last week the temperature dropped to seven below zero in the Twin Cities, which is one reason many Midwesterners head to Florida or Arizona for the winter. But now Governor Mark Dayton wants to tax the snowbirds even if they are no longer legally state residents.

"There is a snowbird tax—absolutely," the Democratic Governor told reporters the other day. . . .

Details are sketchy, but the idea is to tax these nonresidents on their income from stocks, bonds, capital gains and dividends if they spend at least 60 days in Minnesota a year. Income earned in the state is already taxed regardless of residence status, but many retirees or vacationers own a home in the state and live there only for the summer.

The new tax would hit income not earned in Minnesota by those who don't currently spend the requisite six months and a day in the state to qualify as a taxable resident. So, for example, if you returned to the land of 10,000 taxes only for July and August, you'd suddenly have to pay the taxman in St. Paul on dividend checks sent to your main residence in St. Pete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.