1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to Citibank

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Unsingle, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I saw this on line on another blog. Sort of funny in a way, but I’m getting the feeling the little guy is really starting to get screwed! Something really needs to change in this country, and it's not Obama! I'm afraid we can't sustain this economical crisis much longer!

Dear Citibank,

I’ve been a customer of yours for over ten years now. I have a credit card with you all - at exorbitantly high interest rates (Citibank owns the Sears Credit Card), I might add - that I have paid my bills on time each month, even when times were tight. Well, I used to have one, but we’ll get to that.

I’ve been paying down a balance I accumulated from Christmas shopping, nights out with the family, trips and vacations. I’ve built up balances and I’ve paid down balances. I’ve used my card responsibly; never built up a balance I couldn’t pay off. Didn’t buy anything I couldn’t afford and am generally a good customer with your company.

Now I hear that the government will be bailing you out because of your poor financial decisions. That your executives didn’t factor in certain risks when investing their money. And now you go asking government for money. What would happen if I did this? What would happen if I called up Citibank and said, “I didn’t spend my money wisely this month. Would it be okay if I didn’t pay my bills for a while; till I had the cash?” Would that receive a positive response from you or not? Just asking.

Also, I make enough money so that I owe income taxes every April. Enclosed, please find a copy of my tax return for 2007 as proof of this. Because I paid taxes to the federal government; part of that money will now be going to you, as I understand it. So, in addition to paying my credit card bills, I will also be paying the credit card bills for other customers of yours. Does that seem fair? Did I eat their meals? Did I wear their clothes? Did I go on their vacation? You can see how I might be a little upset about this.

So, Citibank has already received $25 billion from the feds already. My portion of this, assuming there are 150 million Americans paying taxes is approximately $160. We know there aren’t 150 million tax paying Americans. Half of Americans do not pay income taxes at all. So, really, my share is closer to $300. So, in return for your bailout, please deduct $300 from my current credit card balance to repay me for the loss I am incurring because of your poor management skills. Also find enclosed a cut-up credit card that I will be of use, I like to deal with companies who are at least as fiscally responsible as I am - If I had known I’d have the honor of giving you money without using your service, I would have never applied for a card in the first place.

Thanks for your attention,
    Former Customer.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice, but wishful thinking.

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

That's funny in a way because I cut up my Sears card a couple of years ago because of Citi. I won't go into detail because I cannot remember exactly why I did it now. but do remember it had something to do with an Sears $2.00 a month accident policy.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Citi is but one of the many piranha that seem to have found their way into our swimming pool.

Previous administrations have unlocked a lot of the protections consumers have enjoyed, to the point of unbearable late fee scams (moving the due date around,etc) and other scurrilous charges.

The problem is Usury and what it has done to our society. I urge any interested to read the abouve URL and gain understanding.

HM

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

2 Big 2 Fail.

I used to drive a GM car and it got me everywhere I wanted to go, reliably, for over 180,000 miles.

That company kept its promises to its retirees.

Made some bad business decisions, of course...but they didn't stiff their old folks, like has become the fashion for so many companies today.

But - they're not "2 Big 2 Fail." So, let's go push them off a cliff. Citigroup - your free lunch is up on the counter (sound of triangle ringing...)...come, an' get it.

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Citi Group, the company tht does not want to have anything to do with firearms transactiouns between wholesalers and FFL"s. Bill

7. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

sears is probably the biggest loan shark going.

8. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

sears is probably the biggest loan shark going.

9. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

When they return my check marked "Insufficient Funds" do they mean me or them?

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Listen

Back in the Slick Willie Clinton days their was a little know law that was slipped,rushed thur both houses which in short says,( In case of an economic disaster the Federal Govt may freeze or seeze any and all savings of any type and be used to lift the country out of any form of economic depression.) So your screwed. What is left of your 401k's and the value of your homes if you are buy it and so many other things.

Now when the Boston tea party happened George Washington was asked what he thought of the king taxing the people for the tea. His answer was (What gives the king the right to have his hands in my pocket.) I think that about says it all if you get the meanning.

As the old saying goes talk is cheap. The people in Washington know this and are not worried. They know their will be all kinds of bitching but in the end the wealthy will get what the middle and lower income have so they can keep their business and John Q American can loose house and start over by borrowing the money John Q gave so the wealthy would not loose their business.

Just the way I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.