1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Soft Combs!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BMC, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

Lets talk Soft Combs. I would like to get a soft comb without having to have my current adjustable wood comb shaved and foamed. Who makes quality soft combs sold as such? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Joel Etchen makes a custom soft comb from scratch. $160.00. I would also like to have one made for my Beretta.

Does anyone here have one made from Joel Etchen? I really would like to see one before I had one made. Thanks,

Dale,

3. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Dale,I have had several combs and stock work done by Mark at Etchen's his work is Second to none.Top notch work and fast turn around time,give Mark a call you will not disappointed with his work!!!!! Thanks John

4. BMC

BMC Member

Thanks guys. This will help narrow down my searching for the right person/company. I want one similar to the Perazzi rubber one as far as material but made to have the same shape as my current wood comb. Thanks.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Dale,

I'll vouch for the soft combs made by Mark @ Joel Etchen's also. Had him build one for my Beretta 687 combo & I'm planning to have another one done shortly for another Beretta 687. Excellent job, you'll be happy with it!

I originally got both these guns from Etchen......but I'd assume Mark will make a soft comb for a gun purchased someplace else?

John C. Saubak

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Anyone volunteering posting a photo of their soft comb by Mark at Joel Etchen’s?

Dale,

7. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Pictures of Marks soft comb

8. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Here's another just learning to post pictures??? Hope this helps John

9. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Here's one more

10. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks; I appreciate you taking the time posting your pictures. Mark originally made my adjustable comb on my new Beretta, so the soft comb should not be an issue to make.

What was the main reason you added this to your gun? Do you find it uncomfortable in hot humid weather? Thanks,

Dale

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Main reason I added a soft comb to my gun was for cheek comfort. In spite of what SOME of these guys will tell you------you CAN'T totally eliminate cheekslap thru' gunfitting, a simple understanding of geometry and phyisics will tell you that.

No--I don't find it at all uncomfortable in hot humid weather.

John C. Saubak

12. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Our Local gun smith, who is excellent, has soft combs like the pgun combs in different profiles to fit different guns and shooter preferences. His name is Karl Mcknight 801-831-0310 his prices are fair and his work is very good. Bruce

13. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Never had Mark do a soft comb for me, but he's done other work for me and I've seen plenty of his work at the gun clubs I go to, you won't be disappointed if you have him do your work. Give him a call!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.