1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Let

I was wondering what everyone's poi is on there doubles gun. Is it better to have both barrel shooting the same poi or have the bottom barrel shoot a higher poi or the top barrel shoot a higher poi. Of coarse shooting the bottom barrel first.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Bottom Barrel IC at 70/30 or 80/20, 7/8 or 1 oz 8.5s.

Top Barrel MOD at 60/40, 1 or 1-1/8 oz 8s.

No need for heavy loads, just shoot em quick!

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you shoot at the second bird is it rising, flat or dropping when you pull the trigger? You need to know that info inorder to setup you gun with the right POI. HMB

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well, it's rising on posts 1,2,3 falling on 4,5....

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Would you feel comfortable setting it up for a rising target and after shooting posts 1,2,& 3 turning the gun upside down for posts 4 & 5? HMB

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Lol, I ve tried everything else! Lol

'Gangsta trap'

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I was gonna suggest a different gun for Posts 4 & 5 but I think HMB's idea is better. The only time I tried Sporting Clays with my trap gun my score was so bad that I'm sure I could have done better with the gun upside down.

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

it will vary from each event because of allowable differences in settings.The wind plays a part on birds with too little a spring. Doubles are usually the most poorly presented target of any shoot. Short, field is off to one side, uneven height etc. are all part of the game. Everyone does them different, the key is to shoot enough of them to know where you will have to hold to break them. You don't have time to aim, so gun fit is of utmost importance, have your gun shoot where you look, get away from the first bird, stay in the gun,shoot for leading edge of the second bird. work steady at first then build up speed as confidence and timing develop. Learn trigger control, no need to shoot if you aren't there yet. The key is to have fun! doubles are for fun!

9. bigben

bigben Active Member

Most accomplished shooters shoot with both barrels impacting the same, even at the worst, the second target is just a rising 20 yd. handicap target. Many doubles shooters spend too much time admiring their work when shooting the first target, secret, as soon as you pound the first target while your face is still FIRMLY on the stock, your eyes fly over to the second target, the target is still rising and is as hanging there, shoot it agressively! done incorrectly, the second target is falling like a stone and you hear dead lost! incinerate em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.