1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LET'S TALK ABOUT PERAZZI SPRINGS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by decimamas 54, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would make a small introduction first:
    I did not copy this type of design from the person that about a week ago introduced a new type of spring in this forum because this design is been round for a long time. Infact Bernardelli, Visini & Perugini, Beretta, Rizzini Wifra still use it in their gun. We try to make it with the best materials and without spending a fortune to change the system over to the new way. This spring is forged and to adapt your trigger group to it will only cost $ 25,00 USD ($ 20,00 is the new tool to mount the spring and $ 5,00 is the pin that can easily be put by yourself). The spring don't have right or left and will be selling for $ 35,00 USD each. Jim White will be sell it in the USA at the beginning of the new year

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Marcello, I always wonder when you're going to do this. Now I'm so pleased to see you made it so cost effective.

$25 in conversion is less than a spring cost, there's no risk of "if & but" in your set up. Makes all the sense in the world.

Sure glad we have you around. Best regards.

3. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Steve W.: What does this do....replace the coil spring? Rick ~~~Texas

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rick, this is one way of replacing the original factory springs to a "better designed" spring that has a relief cut out at the stress bend. He puts pins in the factory spring holding holes, then mount the new springs around the pins, the compression worked around the pin/relief cut.

The factory spring has left and right, we break bottom barrel springs most of the time, but you'll never know when the other one will break, so we keep 2 bottom springs and 1 top spring in spare.

Marcello's spring are one way fit, left & right, and based on it's design, it "should" last longer, but no one can be sure how much longer.

Through out the years, there're many attempts to improve the flat spring breakage problem, some came out with a very expensive new trigger design, some with conversions that cost many hundreds of dollars (over a dozen factory spring's value), that "suppose" to give you a longer spring life, and after you're out that kind of money, it's hard to turn back. Is it worth the risk and cost? you be the judge.

But Marcello's DIY conversion only cost $5 in pin and a $20 tool for the spring, that puts customers in very little risk of "if & but". That's why I made the above comment.

Knowing Marcello, this can't be bad.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, Marcello and I talked about doing something like this last year and at that time Marcello wanted to research the facilities in Italy who make these for their guns. He didn't want to jump in feet first without first looking at and evaluating the concept. He is very careful to think through a process, much better at it than I am.

A simple pin you can install yourself, a new tool to insert the spring, and then springs that will work IN EITHER side of the trigger. You don't need to carry an extra LEFT or an extra RIGHT spring - these will work in either side.

I have to think a pretty handy guy could easily muster the job on installing the pin. The pins resides in the existing hole in the rear of the trigger housing.

This is a Great idea. He and I talked about it a couple of days ago. I asked him about the hole in the bend and wanted to make darn sure that upon compression that pin did not add any added stress to the spring.

Simple idea that does not alter your existing trigger assembly, should you ever desire to go back to the standard leaf springs; just drive out the pin.

I had pictures and did not want to post them until Marcello gave me the go ahead. My pictures are his pictures AND the trigger housing is our stainless steel housing.

Marcello: Thanks for posting this - you did a better job that I would have.

Whiz

6. whiz white

This thread was moved from the FOr Sale category to this main topic category.

7. doberman37

doberman37 Member

Will these new springs have a guarentee like the others. I wonder if Jim Coons would void the guarentee on his triggers if you converted to your springs.

8. whiz white

I believe we will have our standard warranty.

How would anyone know what springs you were using? You can remove the pin and springs and return to stock. What is heaven's name would a spring, other than itself, cause a problem?

Whiz

9. whiz white

I have a couple of top California shooters who are going to shoot the crap of this spring design and then report to me any failures.

Hope to have them here in the States very soon.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.