1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's see if Costas...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PatMiles, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Let

calls for the total ban on alcohol or maybe automobiles or maybe football players or maybe football players driving drunk. Somehow I don't think that will happen.

Pat

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If it wasn't for the NFL,NBA etc we would truly have prison overcrowding!!

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The NFL is doing a good PR campaign for covering up their "problem" children!!

Domestic violence, substance abuse WHAT next????

4. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Yeah the NFL has it's problem kids. My intent wasn't to beat up on the NFL but to wonder out loud if Costas was really concerned about the loss of life, by any means, or just mouthing off against guns.

Pat

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Maybe Congress will one-up Costas, and call for the prohibition of Football.

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

There would be no more crime if all footballs were outlawed. It would make a lot of pigs happy too.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Nope. All he said tonight was the NFL has a program in place for all players. If you need a ride home, here's the number to call. They send a sober driver.

Not a moment spent decrying this kind of repeat behavior (Yup the driver had a DUI arrest on his record), the rampant misuse of alcohol or drugs by NFL players. And he glossed over the fact that the automobile was the real culprit here - if there hadn't been a car involved, the accident wouldn't have happened.

Let's see if the driver goes to jail for manslaughter by alcohol.

Gene in Illinois

8. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

When are you guys going to let this go? I don't agree with what Bob Costas said but the more 'ink' he gets, no matter where it is posted, will get him more ink!

Get over it and drop it already, please?

Do you think one talking head is going to make a difference in our gun owner's rights? I certainly don't! Call me naive but I would call you paranoid.

Tim

9. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Tim,

I have to disagree. The very reason a guy like Costas has little impact on issues is that in America, people are free to say, and should say, whatever their opinion is.

That propensity and right to speech is the strength of our country, the Constitution, and the Second Amendment.

I say talk on, boys, until you feel you have had your say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.