1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's patronize each others' businesses.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Doesn't it make sense that if we are worried about retention in our sport that a lot of it is due to the economy? Well, if that is the case, why not help out your fellow trapshooter and try to give him/her your business, when possible?

List what you (or the company for which you work) manufacuture or do for a living. Then make sure that you have your PM enabled so that people can contact you. I don't recommend that you post your name (we probably know it) or your phone number just in case a troll stops by, but do put what state(s), or country that you cover so we know if we can use you or not.

I would rather give my business to another trapshooter, if possible, because I'd like to see us all shoot trap for as long as we can.

Good luck!

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I sell wholesale only defensive sidearms on the cheap. New or used, when I can get them in great shape.

I can also get you the best price on a new gun if you prepay and I can find it. The pipeline is pretty full right now, and the distributors are giving deals.

Call around for the best price on your transferring dealer. Often, a pawn shop will do transfers at a very reasonable price.

3. recurvyarcher

Pheasantmaster (Martin) does concrete and masonry work. We are from central Kansas, where he is a licensed contractor.

The company for which I work manufactures wireless, broadcast-quality video transmit/receive gear for the military, law enforcement, homeland security, and emergency management/responders across the nation (please call me if you work in any of these sectors). We have solutions for airborne, vehicle, robotics, ground, body-worn, handheld, and K-9 applications. We also can provide equipment to "friendly" nations.

When this thread is completed, I am going to print it out and put it in a folder near our phone book, so I know who to call when I want to buy something or need something done. We need to support each other in this economy.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

recurvyarcher- I would hire Martin today to do some work on one of my rental houses and resurface the concrete pads on one of our fields. I would expect to pay him with a combination of cash, new shells and good Virginia "Shine". The drive from Kansas to Virginia is only around 23 hours.

Many years ago when I was building houses, I did a lot of block, brick, stone and concrete work. Poor Martin, please be good to him.

If you ever need a real estate appraisal in Montgomery or Pulaski County VA, I can do that for you. I do have a rather long waiting list and I am only just slighter higher in price than most other appraisers.

Pat Ireland

5. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

We sell Shooting Shirts, Caps, Towels, Windshirts, Sweatshirts and do custom embroidery. We have a wholesale division for the corporate customer. No order is too small or too large.

To check out our Web-site Click on the above link.

We also advertise here on TS.Com

Jim

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

This is an interesting thread. My business is telephone on hold sales messages for business telephone systems. I write a script individualized for each business, record it mixed with background music and also sell the equipment for playing it over your phone system. It is a very effective means of providing your customers with information about your business and I can also document the fact that it does increase sales of things people never knew about your business. I used to provide this service to the ATA office before the big shake up. Contact me for mor details. Motordoc Joe Rossman

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I am an insurance broker based outside Chicago. I limit my practice to Life and Accident/Health insurances on a group and/or individual basis. 95% of my business is in the Chicago Metro Area, but I am capable of being licensed in any state if its feasible.

My E&O business is underwritten by a national professional liability agency. Local P&C insurance is refered to competent agencies in the area.

I am happy to answer questions via PM...

Jay Spitz, CLU ChFC

8. redhawk

redhawk Member

My buisness is ROLLZRITE, it is a patented product for sliding screen doors that you can easily install that makes them work the way you would want them to.The website is ROLLZRITE.COM and we just send them directly to you.

9. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Recurvyarcher,
    Great idea. It is too bad that we don't think this way as a country. If we did, maybe we wouldn't be mortgaging the future of the USA to China, Japan and Korea. Good Luck to All.

Scott

10. spritc

spritc Active Member

I broker new car dealerships nation wide (tough couple of years). We list and discreetly advertise those dealerships in Automotive News magazine and at www.autonews.com. We bring buyers and sellers together and take the emotions out of the deal. We also do evaluations and consulting. Contact me at my email address to discuss buying or selling a dealership.

I also broker firearms on the internet for a local FFL dealer and friend and I appraise firearms collections for insurance purposes or to sell. I live in Indiana and I can travel to surrounding states, but fees do increase because of gas prices.

Thank you Devi, great idea!

Steve Pritchard

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I make and sell fine jewelry.. Devi's seen a few of my creations.. I'm in New Orleans..

12. recurvyarcher

Just wanted all of y'all to know that I emailed out your information to friends and family. You never know where your next piece of business will come from.

Motordoctor, I sent you a PM. Send me a brochure or more info that I can take to corporate, and I'll send it up to our director of marketing. Ours is a multi-national organization with lots of divisions. It could turn out to be a nice account for you if they bite.

Pat, friends do for friends, so if we get out your way then you might find yourself working alongside of Martin on that pad. I hope you are ready, because he is a slave driver when it comes to concrete work. LOL!

13. capvan

capvan Active Member

I create, manage and host websites. From nothing to a website you can be proud of. And hosting services that are unbeatable. We have our own "server farm" and very large bandwidth to handle very small or very large websites.

Our site is www.shgroup.net

Check it out and check out some of our clients.

www.woodstove.com

is one we are really proud of.

capvan
    kb1iix@arrl.net
    or
    bruce@shgroup.net

14. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I make shooting products from shot bags. 4 box carriers are $15, Hull bags are $25, reloader covers are $45. All prices include shipping. I also do custom work (Curtains, etc) Email me and I'll get back to you about availability of bag choices....I usually have every bag brand available.

15. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I make the aluminum EZ-FILL base for the P/W loaders that really works. I also make the crystal clear reservoirs that fit on the EZ-FILL base.

I am also a Ponsness/Warren dealer.

Jim Skeel

16. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I make pet medication.. If your dog (or what ever) has hair loss, it will re grow the hair back in a few days, itching.. stops that on contact.. mange.. will normally clear up in 2-3 treatments.. earmites.. kills them on contact.. also works on any type deep wound or cut.. about 1/3 of our business is for horses and alpacas.. www.nustock.com

17. tj303

tj303 Member

Family winery located in Westfield, NY (Western New York) or the web www.johnsonwinery.com. Stop by and try the wines in our tasting room. Look for free shipping Thanksgiving to Christmas. Also own a toy store, Alphabet Soup, in Ithaca, NY. Thanks, Tony J

18. clayman51

clayman51 Member

I am in Northern Kentucky in the Building and Remodeling Business.
    Interior and Exterior work of all kinds.
    Visit my web page menningcarpentry.com

Thanks Devi, Great Idea!!

Dennis Menning

19. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'm a plastic surgeon in Minnesota that specializes in reconstruction of the breast after it's removed for breast cancer treatment as well as other complex reconstructive surgery.

I enjoy my work as it gives me a great opportunity to help people.

If you know a breast cancer survivor I'm at:

www.diepflapmn.com

20. recurvyarcher

I have to vouch for PerazziBigBore...honestly, he makes the most beautiful quality jewelry that I have ever seen. If you want run-of-the-mill, go to the mall jewelry stores. If you want exceptionally gorgeous stones and workmanship, go see Mike. He has impeccable taste in his designs, too.

I see lots of businesses here on this thread that will get some of my money sometime in the future. Please, don't be shy or too proud to put what you do here.

Here are some of the others that I know that you can do business with and trust:

Quack Shot. He is the best (for REAL!) computer geek that I've ever met. He is also very fair in his pricing, and he can set it up so that he can maintain your computer remotely. He's so good that I recommended him to the last company that I worked for, and he now does all of their installs and maintenance. I highly recommend him.

Otnot. If you like seafood and salmon, order it straight from Alaska! He ships it right to your kitchen. Nobody that I know has been disappointed.

Ed Y (Ed Yanchok). He can refinish a damaged stock so that you won't ever know that it has been damaged. He does beautiful work.

Tron. We all know that he is great at training cats, but it's been told that his stock work is of very high quality. I've seen a comb that he cut, and it was very good work.

Schutzemgud. He and his wife are both real estate brokers in Michigan. They are very good people that you can trust.

Trapmanjohn. He is in a jazz/R&B band. They are based in the DC area, and are available to play at your event. I think that they will travel for the right venue.

Foster Barthelow owns a photography/videography production outfit where they go with you to document your hunt. The quality of the photos is AMAZING!!!! I have not seen the videos, but I'm sure that they are just as good. Having been an avid photographer in my younger years, I really appreciate what it takes to get the shots that he does. Take him with you on your next big hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.