1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** LET'S HELP SNUB CHINA THIS X-MAS **

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

With all the things that have happened in recent years related to the China factor ,ie. losing jobs, tainted food, lead, ect. let's list ideas and options to help one another with buying decisions of products other than from China this holiday season ;

I found a portable phone/answering system at Office Max from Siemans, made in Germany. I know its not U.S.A., but its not China. As I find more things I'll list them.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well I do not know how many jobs we lost but I have added a couple of employees and I know of another guy in the scrap business that has added 15 plus this year because of the boom in the scrap prices. I believe this is mostly due to China? So ther is some good they are causing also. Bill

3. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Ingestion of lead is good ! and they had to add 15 employees to keep up !

4. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Nicky, you've also just snubbed Someone else by removing His name from Christmas. ....Rick

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They also just turned away one of our aircraft carriers for a scheduled port of call in Hong Kong, Really screwed up travel plans for many Military families. After the ship turned about departing port putting many miles behind her, China called back and said they were clear to dock. We declined their offer. I would say that put a hurt on local business that cator to sailors and unfortunatly the travelers that made plans to "ship side" with their kin.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

You want to limit biz with China you are going to have to shut down the biggest Corp. in the good ol' USA. Walmart is driving this train. Jake

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I disagree jakearoo. American companies had to outsource their manufacturing to China before the stuff could come back to be sold on wal mart's shelves. Greed amongst corporate America is driving the train. Wal Mart is practicing capitalism. That's not to say that they are totally innocent, but I would blame the corporations that shut down American facilities and moved them to China before i blamed Wal Mart. If you want to take it a step further, blame Bill Clinton.

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I'm all for snubbing China, that means I dont have to spend a dime this year. Everything is made in China. Good ole American business

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Watching the national news and it sounds like a good portion of America is snubbing China for Christmas. Sounds like this is due to 40+ recalls of Chinese toys and goods over this last year. If only we were to keep it up through out next year also.

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

what,and lose out on all the toys to melt down for shot!I'm ashamed!Jack

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Tell her if she doesn't like it that you'll buy her a sewing machine.

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

what isn't made in china or overseas besides american shotguns and shells?

13. oz

oz Active Member

the problem is american business. we make something that costs a dollar, we then sell it for 2 dollars. business found out they can get the item made in china for 10 cents. they still sell it for 2 dollars. they make almost twice the profit and we get cheap stuff. we can't even get the stuff made in USA for a dollar because everyone sells the 10 cent stuff. we even buy food from china, why????? don't we make the best food??? oz

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

And right away we see that the site idiot has to start with the name calling. But he says he's not a troll.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Here's a link to show slick willy's approval on china.

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

sam- you need to get a life. Maybe David blocking your ISP would help you deal with your obsession. GO AWAY.

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

sammie, I am very glad you are not a member at my club and that I do not know you! You are obviously a very small thing. Bill

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Site Idiot- You are a troll. Everyone on this forum knows that. Please leave this site.

19. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Here, sammie, see if this works -

Brett Kruger, 20 Shirewood Dr
    Rochester, NY
    (585) 248-8245

20. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

What? You mean you had rather have a christmas tree with NOTHING under it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.