1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LETS GO RED WINGS...!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cls, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cls

cls Member

The Wings should wrap it up Monday night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cls

PS: So much for them Pistons...

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

What are red wings... are these like super spicy buffalo wings? I was watching a boxing match last night and a hockey game broke out. Nothing more boring than hockey on TV. Fred

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Another urban legend

Bob Lawless

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Fred; Havn't watched a game lately HUH????

Bob: I am truly sorry about your Pens and their demise.

Don

5. C-Money

C-Money Member

Dont count out the pens yet. They are a good team. The Red Wings are well coached. Mike Babcock has had sucess every where he has been. I remember when he coached the Spokane Chiefs and that team was always very sharp. The Penguins need to get going and stay sharp. They are not out yet, lets hope for a game 6! Fred, hockey is by far my favorite sport to watch on TV or in person. I will not waste time watching baseball, as I just cant get into it as it is to slow! I had a chance at some FREE Mariners tickets and turned them down. LETS Go PENS! Corey

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

I've been outside the Pens arena for all the playoff games.They televise the game on a 30' screen outside.It's a total nut house. Last game they had to shut down the street below the arena. there were over 10,000 fans watching the game out there for free in lawn chairs. Crosby and the young guns revived the city into a frenzie.Good stuff....Ziggy

7. ivanhoe

Don I find it hard to believe you are truly sorry about anything that doesn't fit your plan.

If and when it happens I will be sorry also. I don't however care who wins I just don't want it to happen until it has to.

I have not missed a game in the post season yet this year. I just love hockey it is simple I do however believe that the officials need to be more consistent and league needs to strive for better calls on the on ice infractions. Of course I can not control the process so you live with what you have to and continue to follow the game.

Bob Lawless

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

The problem with the refs being more consistent is the the level of play. In the playoffs more so then the regular season,the game is more physical. If the refs called everything then the game would go at a snails pace. allot of the calls you will see is to let the losing team in the game to make it more interesting for the veiwers. For instance, Sat. nite game when they called a 5 on 3 to let the Pens back into the game. Too bad they couldn't.....Ziggy

9. ivanhoe

chessney you are entitled to your opinion and I do not wish to change it. You will have to live with yours as I have to live with mine.

I would however like you to think about this " allot of the calls you will see is to let the losing team in the game to make it more interesting for the veiwers."

I have studied a lot of the NHL rules with regard to penalty infractions and I never found it said any where that infractions are to be called by the officials to make the game more interesting and wouldn't that be the officials deciding the out come of the game. not something i am interested in seeing. You also said " If the refs called everything then the game would go at a snails pace." or perhaps the infractions would stop?

One more point maybe you can tell us the answer to as you seem to know all about the game. Why a few years ago did the NHL add a second Referee to the game? Maybe it was to add another paid salary to the game. RIGHT!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You can't remove the human element. 10 minutes to show time.

Bob; I don't want to see it go any longer than necessary. I don't trust those little rascals.

Don

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

2 to 0 Pens, with 5:10 in 1st.

12. chessney

chessney TS Member

Bob, with all due respect. I have been involved with hockey for over 40 years from playing over 20+ yrs to now coaching tier 1 hockey. You say you "studied" hockey rules..Well there are unwritten rules in hockey as are in life. After you think about the logistics in my statement maybe you will understand?..Ziggy

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

2 to 1 Pens, Wings score at 16:49

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tonight is the night.

Don

15. chessney

chessney TS Member

Not tonight. Game 7 is the night!!!! The Pens will be there!!!!....Ziggy

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Finally. Look who is hoisting the CUP. Great game RED WINGS. Congrats to the Pens also.

Don

17. chessney

chessney TS Member

The wings have a great team. My hats off to you guys....Good job....Ziggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.