1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Go On a Group Diet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Who's interested in losing some weight. My Doc says I need to lose to control a pre-diabetic condition and I thought some of you might want to be part of a support group. As for now I'm looking for suggestions on how to organize the weigh-ins ect.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Go ahead Barry get started,,I'll be along as soon as I finish my ice cream,,,,,,lol

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I'll bet GUN CLUB FOOD !!! is not on any diet list

4. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

You might want to read the South Beach Diet book. It was written by a heart doc who wanted a diet change for heart health and found out was good for his diabetic patients as well.
    It has some good ideas that you can use without giving up everything good.
    Dave

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sportshot,

I see you got your dinner, What's everyone else going to eat? lol.

Nice brace of birds!

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Barry.. All joking aside.. My heart doctor gave me the bad news 3 weeks ago.. I've already lost 6 pounds.. From 194 to 188.. You can E-mail me anytime.. All Good.. Mike

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He is a big man but it looks like he can carry his wieght.

8. Old Confederate

Old Confederate TS Member

It doesn't matter if you diet and exercise, you are still going to die. So why die tired and hungry? Larry

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Im in, when you want to start? I need to lose 30 lbs. Wayne

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you didn't want to weigh what you weigh now why did you do it?

I refuse to buy into this diet crap.

It is in my nature, I am not fat, I am a nutritional overachiever.

Not many area's in life I can claim that so I am proud to be exceptional at something beside just shooting and sex.

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

When you go blind to diabetes..when your kidneys fail.. and they have to cut off a foot or leg..I don't think you'll think its funny..

12. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Uh oh, I will have to tune in nightly for TS.com biggest loser lol

13. Mapper

Mapper Member

I got the same news a few months ago. My secret is radishes. Think French Fries, substitute radishes. Ditto pie, gravy, etc. I still eat steak, pork chops, but also eat a bunch of radishes. No sweets. Down about 30 lbs. but more to go. Good luck, it isn't as hard as it sounds. Do some walking, if possible. Got a dog, take him for a stroll.
    Mike Kennedy

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I'm waaaaaay ahead of you!

Down 59 pounds so far...simple diet...kinda like all the low carb diets.

If it is sweet...don't eat

If it is white....don't bite

If it is green...that's keen.

Meat....all ya can eat.

http://www.examiner.com/x-659-St-Louis-LowCarb-Examiner~y2008m9d18-Lowcarb-food-list--when-you-care-enough-to-eat-the-very-best

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

The Mediterranean Food Pyramid is the healthiest nutritional program for a long, healthy life, when combined with wise lifestyle choices and exercise.

A diet does not work. When you hit your goal, you stop dieting.

16. BudLight

BudLight Member

Gee, What a timely topic for me!! I was told by my Dr last week the my "Life Style" was going to "Kill me"!!!!!!!!! Everything in the house not in the "Mediterranean Diet Pyramid" was given to my neighbors.All stuff I like that has "SALT"-All the chips and fritos-gone! All processed deli meats -gone! Everything loaded with salt-gone. I had prostate cancer and beat it on April 29th this year!!! I sure don't want to die now because of what I eat! I will do what my Dr says. I want to shoot for years to come and be around all the great people that are shooters. So, now I shop the produce department and not the deli.

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I lost about 95 pounds in 1969. Kept it off for 19 years, then gradually gained most of it back. I now weigh 214. I'm only 5' 8" and at my tender age of 61, doc says I would be good at about 160. He suggested the South Beach diet or, to my surprise, the Adkins diet. He said that the Adkins will take it off of you the quickest but is the hardest to maintain once you reach your goal.

I'm going to do it using the South Beach. Starting.................................NOW.

I think we should weigh in at one week intervals. Support each other on the Private Message system here. I'll post my new weight next Friday. If you have good ideas or good health recipes post them here. All that think we're nutz or who think it's funny......well, that's OK too.

My goal is 160. Good luck everyone who wants to join in..............Barry

18. BudLight

BudLight Member

Count me in! Ron

19. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm in, went to my NEW Doc, Thurs. He said he wants me to lose at least 20 lbs before my next annual check ip. With luck it may help by bad back, which will then help my shooting. Looks like the smart thing to do. See ya all on the scales. How about a Mon. weight loss report on the site.
    Count me in.

Phil Berkowitz

20. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Barry, you can do it :) When that hunger hits then hit a non fat substitute (ie carrots, celery, radishes, etc). Learn to love fruit instead of pie and cake. I would love to take you down the path of my enlightment but it is alittle tough. But I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.