1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Let's Build a New Trap Club in PHOENIX**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Soley owned by the membership of course. Let's get started!

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You should be able to find enough foreclosures close together to do the job.

Has anything been built on the Litchfield site yet? I haven't been there for a long time.

There is a need, and a huge population. If you ran competitive evening leagues

It would grow. At present you can shoot practice with your buddies or shoot registered. Nothing in between.

Check out the industrial leagues around Middletown, Ohio and Dayton, and remember how many employees Motorola has.

The right setup will be a gold mine.

HM

4. white rattler

white rattler Member

Barry, I did not think the closing of Red Mt. would bother me as much as others. As I own a home and I did not need a place to park for the winter. But I have been here a month and I can tell you that I sure miss the club. I would like to see another club built in the Phoenix area but we have been down this road before and I think we are blowing smoke up a dead dogs ass. Hope to see you in Casa Grande this weekend. Trevor Dawe.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Isn't Ben Avery right there?! What's their problem?

Jay

6. white rattler

white rattler Member

State run. Trevor Dawe.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

HM, They had houses on the Litchfield site almost immediately. You would not recgnize where there was once a trap club. All bulit up.

8. halfmile

Hit, thanks for the info. I was told at the last Spring Grand there that it was going to be a shopping mall. Then the next year I stopped by and all that was there was the fireplace and some of the shed.

Never went back.

HM

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The site of the Old Phoenix Trap and Skeet Club will someday have 384 homes and 2 play parks on it if they ever get it done ... The economy will not favor this happening as quick as they had anticipated in the begining, but all of the engineering has been done and its been sub divided into lots ... There is supposed to be a strip mall on the front part of the property at sometime in the future, but with commercial investments and interest at a all time low that probably won't be happening very soon either ...

If a bunch of people got together, funded a club and supported the club on the west side it could prove to be a gold mine with the exception being the economy being against from day one ... There are a lot of people who simply cannot afford to shoot like they used to and its probably going to get a lot worst before it ever starts to get better ...

Barry you get it started and we will be right behind you ... I think its a grea idea, just bad timing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bill, Tell us all again what happened to the money the club got then they sold the club. Trevor Dawe.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

White rattler, or anyone else, since I'm way too far away and ignorant of the details, can you enlighten me further why Ben Avery seems to be out of the picture? Is the state running the place and just don't have a clue what the games are about, no registered, or what? ....Bob Dodd

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Trevor,
    Thats something I have no idea about ... If you were a member out there I will tell you everything that I know the next time I see you face to face ... I still see some of the people who took over when Jerry and I walked away ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

BDodd,

Ben Avery is not out of the picture and yes they are on the winter chain for monthly registered shoots ... Some people have a problem with the fact that its state owned and operated for what ever reason that might be ... They are continueing to make improvements to the facility on a weekly basis ... The states can afford things that private enterprise never would be able to in trying times ... Hey, Its a place to shoot, so whats so bad about that ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I guess I should have clarified my question... what operational problems is BA having that's causing a stink?!

Jay

15. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bill it's a great place to shoot. So lets start shooting. PS Ben Avery is about 15 minutes from my place. Trevor Dawe.

16. halfmile

I haven't shot there since the state took over. There must have been some worms in the can the way John Satterwhite took off out of town.

What I see now is that it's kind of pricey.

But it's also the only game in town. If and when the economy improves I hope to go back out for a visit.

HM

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

No problem at all with Ben Avery as a current shooting facility. However, they run the trapshooting like it's a tourist attraction without much regard as to how to be a self sustaining business in the trapshooting world. It could be a great place for trapshooters and should probably take a good look at Sparta, Il. Last time I heard there were over 30 league teams and have settled nicely into the ATA schedule. Ben Avery officials are missing the boat but they have been told that by many already.

Ben Avery doesn't seem to understand that trapshooters usually pay the bills for most multiuse shooting clubs.

With that said I still believe that another, more shooter oriented club, is in order for the greater Phoenix region. It is true that the economy is soft but often that is the best time to buy property. Regardless of the naysayers, anything can be done with money and enthusiasm.

Others here have said that it can't be done, I say Bullshit! Who's ready to try?

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Some of you guys have a big chunk of money, So, buy a some sand an build a two trap club. It's a start.

19. Handyman

Handyman TS Member

A trap club on the west side of Phoenix? Why didn't I think of that. I am sorry to say that nobody wants a trap club in their backyard on the west side of Phoenix. As for the cost, we all know about credit these days don't we. I think
    you will all be surprised at how far registered trap will drop next year. In 12
    months we can see what kind of business plan is possible. Jim Johnstone Scottsdale,Az.

20. halfmile

Only in Phoenix. You can pasture horses and have a golf course in the middle of town but a trap range is unfeasible.

Clubs go under because they don't take care of the necessities. Youneed income all year around. Waht I saw was people that wanted to coast all yer on what they made on the Chain and the State shoot.

Several million people in the area and no league shooting. Phew.

We have 200 thousand population and there are 4 clubs shooting league targets 4 nights a week. Some guys I know shoot 3 nights a week.

The money is there if you want it. Year round income. Add a bar (beer only) to insure profit to stay alive.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.