1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let The Poor Go Hungry, I Guess.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

BISMARCK, N.D. — A North Dakota program that distributes venison to the needy will accept only deer killed with arrows, fearing that firearm-shot meat may contain lead fragments.

"We're calling out to bow hunters to spend a little more time in the tree stand," said Ann Pollert, executive director of the North Dakota Community Action Partnership, which administers the Sportsmen Against Hunger Program.

Officials in North Dakota and other states have warned about eating venison killed with lead ammunition since the spring, when a physician conducting tests using a CT scanner found lead in samples of donated deer meat.

The findings led North Dakota's health department to order food pantries to throw out donated venison. Some groups that organize venison donations have called such actions premature and unsupported by science.

The North Dakota Community Action Partnership distributed 17,000 pounds of venison from 381 donated deer after last year's hunting season, a number that has tripled since the program began in North Dakota in 2004, Pollert said. At least 4,000 pounds of venison were in food pantries in the state when the health department issued its warning, she said."

Let's see, die of starvation or die of lead poisoning like the millions of hunters who eat lead ammo killed meat every year. What, hunter aren't dying? How can that be? The poor people will die, why aren't hunters dying?

Yep folks, political correctness will kill all of us sooner or later.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Actually, people don't usually die from lead poisoning, but they get things like gout, neurological disorders, and memory loss. Ingestion and inhalation are the main ways of getting poisoned, but there is controversy over exactly what solids actually leach the lead (with the exception of paint chips, which have been definitively proven to cause lead poisoning when ingested).

I've grew up eating mostly fish and game that we got by hunting and fishing, and I have no health issues aside from my broken hip. Guess they should ban horses.

Fear of litigation is hurting this country in many ways.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Let them die of starvation! Give the meat to your grandparents, or someones grandparents, the "poor" dopes won't appreciate it anyway.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

don't have to worry about it now....hussein will take care of them...

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well...hmph. Guess I'll just make 4 years' worth of jerky out of it. No skin off my ass...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.