1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let the gouging begin !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Goozer, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

Here in Western PA the price gouging on old inventory semi-assault pistols and rifles has begun since the election. Three deep at most local stores.
    Some dealers have already greatly increased their prices. I can see price increases on new orders,but old inventories. Do not support these theives
    tell as many people as you can about the shops doing this. I do understand
    there are very few M-16's or AR-15's left in the country. Pistols will be next
    and Obama ( not my president ever ) will be gun salesman of the year.Remeber
    Joe Bin Laden wrote the orignal assault ban. I will not help any friends or family members who voted for this guy ever. I hope they suffer economic hardships and suffer greatly at the hands of our newly elected marxist
    government.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I see used ones that are priced near or more then new ones, so that drives the price of new ones up. Supply and demand is what its all about.

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"I can see price increases on new orders,but old inventories. Do not support these theives tell as many people as you can about the shops doing this"

The last time around, three months BEFORE the AWB was signed I purchased 8 Colt HB Ar's. I paid around $850.00 each wholesale.

If the AWB didn't exist back then, my selling price would have been around $950.00.

Why in the world, after I invested MY money up front, would I sell them for the "old" price when the AWB went into effect?

Good luck finding a store that is going to sell you one at the "old" price.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Supposedly some stores have already sold out of inventory in central KS. Others have waiting lines. Its supply and demand concept as far as pricing. Fair or not its going to happen!

5. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Gotta love the anti gun Democrats. Clinton and his AWB rearmed Amerrica like never before. BO isn't even sworn in and weapons are flying off the shelves!!A few friends in the gun business recently told me that they have been selling guns and ammo the same way they did the week before the AWB went into effect years back.

FN in MT

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The same thing that happened in Canada when they banned handguns. tens of thousands never got turned in. What happens when a gun shop burns down and all the 4473's and the A&D book goes up in flame. The paper trail stops.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

When short barreled and small caliber handguns were "prohibited" in Canada under our current legislation, it is true, virtually none were turned in. The reason was fairly simple ... the government of the day did not force the issue ... why ... because they did not want to go through the necessary steps to force the confiscation, nor did they want to have to pay the price. It boiled down to basic dollars and "sense". Bill Malcolm

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Thats why everyone should be an NRA member. Sure you get a lot of mailings from them, ignore what you want, but support the only organized pro gun group in the US with clout. Send an extra $100 if you can afford it.

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Two of the factors influencing price are supply and demand. Obviously the demand has risen. Supply is probably falling. Hence the price goes up. The American system called capitalism. You may not think much of it now but you're going to miss it and many other American ways sooner than you think.

Bob

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Political/?action=view&current=JoeBiden.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.