1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let me tell you the kind of people on this site

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HDLLLIII, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

There are outstanding people on this site. case in point, I created a thread to sell some Briley tubes I no longer use. I was contacted by a member and the deal was made. The member sent payment immediately. He then contacted Briley and they advised against using the tubes in his shotgun. He contacted me and asked for the deal to be cancelled and that I return his check when it arrived. I agreed to do so gladly. Today in the mail I received a pair of the most OUTSTANDING blinders I have ever seen. A gift from the buyer. I wish someone would help he post pics of these blinders. From a great TS.com member. He does sell them apparently ( 5.00 ) and anyone would be hard pressed to do business with a better person. Members' sign on is BT99MAX100. A super person. Thanks for the blinders John.....Larry Lockhart

2. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I think overall most of the people on this site are people I would not have a problem living right next door too. Bend over backwards people.

3. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I really like this Ts.com community! People here have helped me in many ways. They have been friendly, and willing to go the extra mile to make sure I have the answer to help me fix a problem or shoot better. I also enjoy the give and take with some of the more colorful members. Keep it going!!

JMAC

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Just like society as a whole. A few bad apples ruin it for most. I saw a waitress at a fast food resturant today that lets just say was a bad break away from living on the street. An older man and his wife dumped their food tray into the trash as they were preparing to leave. When the man reached into his pocket for his keys he pulled out a small wad of cash that fell on the floor. He never knew he did it and no one but the waitress saw it as she was wiping off tables. She picked it up and yelled at the guy a couple times before he heard her. When she caught up to him and asked if he had lost some cash he looked puzzled and felt in his front pocket and sure enough it had fallen out. She said she was sure it was his and he took it only to return and give it to her. I don't think it amounted to much but there was two people today that did the right thing and neither knew i saw it all unfold. People as a whole just want to be traeted with respect. This site in my experience has a huge percentage of high character people. Some type a big bad game but when it is crunch time they always do what is right. That is my experience on here anyway.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've had dealings with several people on this site. All good. And I've met a few shooters I continue to email and chat with and I now consider them my friends.

Ron Burr

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I would have to agree about the good people on this site. As a young man, I hitchhiked over 8000 miles in one summer, without ever receiving a bad ride. That experience cemented my belief that people in general are good to each other. I stayed away from the big cities, though. Bill

7. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

AMEN to this post, I've purchased things from other members here only to find out (when the mail arrived) that they had sent the item before I even had the time to get to the P.O. with my payment, and always as good as or better than described. Sure makes me wish the whole world was like this. Ross Puls

8. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

I have to chime in on this one too, this site is full of great people. This is the only site I buy and sell on. I have never had a bad experience.

Joe

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The vast majority of people in our country are deep down good folks - problem is we forget about that and focus on the no good minority.

10. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Here is something that makes sense and sums up what you all are talking about, to quote an ol Ioway Hillbilly Steve Maltzahn from Creston "All the best people I know, all carry guns", Now doesn't that just ring the bell? Scott

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You know this a a great place when you totally trust and consider the folks on here some of your best friends even though you've never met them in person...that is saying some

12. singles

singles Member

And to the original poster....hats off to you as you wouldnt have had to give the money back either. Sounds like both parties are top notch!!

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Nice to keep the faith. Onetime I lost my wallet in a parking lot at a bank. I was very upset, but figured I would not let that ruin my weekend, so continued going out to Redlands to shoot. No ID outside of a passport and a checkbook. Eileen Williamson kindly trusted me that I'd paid ATA dues, etc., no ATA card too.

Got home: Answer phone message. A guy called and said that he'd left my wallet in the bank.

Keeping the Faith...

David

14. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

The media blows for that exact reason,always focusing on the negatory.

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have to say I have established so many friendships on this sight over the years I am very thankful to the people that started this sight. I love the deals , pissing contests, and colorful characters that make this my daily fix.
    Thank you All you make my days,
    Buddy from FL ID and NJ

16. maka

maka Member

I was at Recobs Shooters Supply one day and purchased a large supply of reloading stuff. I paid with check and asked if they needed ID.. Fellow replied, "no we have never been cheated by shooters. The same goes with dealing on this site over the years. Thanks to all and keep yuor powder dry.

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've had more than many great transactions on here. The original poster references one of those guys...John. Nice guy, great blinders. Bought a 20 gauge Browning from him and was better than described.

Lost my wallet with over $500 and 10 credit cards in it at the Grand in 2011.
    Was turned in at the information desk in the Event Center by an Iowa shooter. Wouldn't leave his name and never got to thank him.

So many good stories to tell and so little space.....

Proud to be associated with such a moral, honest bunch of folks. This BUD's for all of you!

18. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I agree with the others. I have been on this site probably 10 years and never had a bad transaction. Met meny people that became friends--packman and fssberson to name a few. Love everyone and trust most. Thanks for all the friendships that I have made over the years. motordoc

19. TF

TF Active Member

I live in rural south central Fl and Obama is not leading here, however he didn't win here in 2008 either. We are a mostly conservative, republican area.
    I work with a very nice and highly successful Hispanic lady who absolutely despises Obama and she assures me she is not alone. She believes all the government handouts have removed any ambition and desire to succeed from many of her people. We also thinks he is just plain evil.
    She tells me that the local Spanish radio station has begun playing an ad telling all Hispanics that they need to vote for Obama because Romney is going to make speaking Spanish illegal in the United States. This does not sound like someone with a solid lead in the polls to me. You do however have to take into account the fact that some democrats simply lie for the sport of it.

Tom Frazer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.