1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Me Design The Program Options/Payouts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Let me design the Program and Options/Payouts.

And make them a rule in the ATA RULES BY LAWS, POLICIES, And all Registered shooting programs must offer them,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

No way, Jose!

Hauxfan!

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Only if we get to continually bitch for no reason that you're not doing it right.

I thought we voted on you a couple weeks back. I'm reaffirming my opinion that you're one box shy of a flat.

I can only find two "gary bryant" ATA members....are you the one who's shot 200 targets in the last 2 years, or the one who's shot 1,400 in the last two years?

Either way, you sure put a lot of thought into something you don't do very often. If, by chance, I'm not finding you and you really do shoot more, I apologize in advance. Certainly, either way, you have a right to your opinion.

Just curious.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jeff, why should he shoot if the 4th Lewis purse is going to be divided too much or too little?

Neil

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I think we just have to put that in the category of "continually bitching about him not doing it right" and press on. j

Its the best we can do.

Having just finished a four year stint as the Alaska President, I can attest to TWO things and only TWO things:

One, Alaska shooters are awesome....I truly enjoyed running the show for a few years, but

Two, someone almost ALWAYS said "why are you doing it this way?"

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jeff P look at my total targets shot and averages, forget the Dbls.

Now look at yours and compare, I don't have your name to compare yours, but I will bet you a dfollar to a donut mine is more than yours in all aspects except Dbls.

The only reason target totals are down is I am retired and on a fixed income.

But I shoot a lot of buddy shoots and a few Sporting Clays, I actually make money shooting buddy shoots, pays for the gas and supplies.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Longshot, are you dodging the question I asked of you?

Bob

8. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Jeff P's cyber-sleuthing is a prime reason why scores should only be searchable under ATA number, if at all.

The ATA allows way too much invasion of privacy with their porous identity security.

Thankfully, the USAS isn't as transparent.

9. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Dr. Longshot,

If you had your way, there would be 9 places paid for every 8 entries!! High Gun is what made trapshooting. Whenever I see a program that splits everything, like 3 yardage groups paying 50/30/20 (percentage), with less than 50 total shooters, I stay away. Your little league PeeWee mentality is going to kill trapshooting.

Tomas

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, Gary, thats not even a competition.

I'm 44. Been shooting 5 years now. But when I'm older and have shot as many years as you have, my totals will be large too...

I guess one major difference between us might be that I served 4 years on our board, three as president.

Have you similarly served the sport, or do you only bitch about the way things are run without doing anything about it????

Kudos to you if you have - i don't know if you have or not.

11. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I'm going to the same shoot as Tomas. Rather loose 20 bucks than win 10 back.

Maltzie

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

by the way, 357,

I value all shooters - doesn't matter to me how many a guy shoots, I'm just glad to have you out there so i can kick your butt, or you can kick mine. Whichever. I win plenty at the club I shoot at, and I lose a lot too.

But it seems to me that the "one man, one vote" rule should be in play here. If the majority of folks agree with Gary, he should run for delegate of his state. If enough folks are like him, the game will evolve towards his way of thinking.

However, at this juncture, it appears that more folks think more like I do, so the game should evolve towards what we believe, and he can either shoot or not.

Either way, lets quit the ENDLESS bitching about things that are sooooo easy to control.

Don't like the options payouts?? NEWSFLASH: DON'T PLAY. They're OPTIONS.

Don't like the handicap system? Practice more, or take your reductions, or simply realize that we're not all Harlan Campbell and that maybe you're not going to have a 96 average from the 27.

Don't like the way a club runs its shoots?? Vote with your feet and your billfold...don't go back. They'll get the hint.

I sometimes shoot skeet...and I've sometimes suggested at the club I shoot at that maybe we could have a blind draw two man team option. They've done it, and mostly, everyone plays. But I didn't bitch and moan about it...I suggested it.

Folks would be appalled if they saw how many PM's I've gotten in the past couple days...and what they had to say. I'm led to believe most shooters think like I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.