1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Harvard bail out the Big 3

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The Big 3 auto makers are in trouble. Who claims to be the smartest in the room and to have all the answers? Isn't it the MBAs' from Harvard, Yale, Standford, etc... They all profess to have the best business schools. Why not let the clowns from these schools use some of the school's endowments and have them buy GM, Ford, Chrysler.

Harvard's endowment alone will cover the $25 billion dollars the Big 3 are asking from the federal government. Why not have a competition. Let each of the above mentioned schools take one of the 3 auto companies and let their MBA professors and students run it. They can use their schools endowments to keep the companies afloat.

If Yale's auto company last longer than the other 2 then they receive the title as having the best business school, or the other way around.

I bring this up because I just saw some Ivy League clown on TV with all the answers for the auto industry.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

hussein went to harvard,,,,he'll figure out how to save them....

3. KRE

KRE TS Member

Bisi

The new math, and greed they have been spouting for the last 30 years is the reason for the up coming national yard sale. The big three thought, they were all that, but recieved a wake up call. Now they'er wanting public money to bail them out, not no, but Hell no.

GM bought up, what would have been mass transit in this country and forced roads full of auto's. In the 70's they made a statement to the effect, "The public will buy what we sell or else". GM can go belly up I don't care.
    The UAW and it's greed, has had, a big hand in this as well, so I'd like to see GM gone forever, Ford an Chy. file,...fire everyone an start over.

The whining 3 and everyone else, thats looking for a bail/hand out are the problem with this country, that includes the Government as well.
    I had to work/save for what I have, thats the true American way, not like today where it's just " Whats in it for me".

Kenneth

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

News Flash:

Nobody at Harvard or Yale cares whether America ever manufactures ANYTHING, ever again. They're the ones schooling us on the benefits of Globalization.

Take a snapshot of how you feel at this moment, guys, and remember: how you feel about the Big 3 right now, is how the Intelligentsia in this country feels about the Manufacturing industry in general. You know, those "ugly" smokestack companies full of uneducated rubes that make things, and pollute the environment.

We're too cool for that.

As I've said before, America cannot survive by flipping burgers, trading worthless pieces of paper, and suing each other. Countries that become powerhouses, and stay that way, do it by digging resources up out of the ground, and using their smarts to make it into something valuable that their fellow man will want to buy.

I'm not going to atone for the Big 3's clueless management, but remember this: the "Fugget" attitude that the "talking heads" and "experts" have towards the Big 3 today, is an exact preview of what they'll be saying about MANUFACTURING IN GENERAL, ten years down the line. "China is more efficient, we should allow them to do it all because they are better at it than us, etc."

Recent events should suffice to demonstrate that the Intelligentsia in this country (the Hedge Fund Geniuses) DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING, except on the subject of destroying the American middle class.

On that last subject - they always seem to get it perfectly right. Remember that in 10 years, when they're clamoring for ALL manufacturing to be sent overseas.

Remember that in 10 years, when our roads are flooded with divorced people driving Chinese-made cars.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The problem is "We the People" are the ones who sent them to Washington by voting for them ... Look at how many people voted for Obama when he did not have any policys or agendas to eliminate the problems that exist but told everyone he had all of the answers and a lot of people believed him ... I voted for McCain so I guess I am one of the ones who didn't fall for his smooth talking BS ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

the worst thing that any business could would be a harvard mba manager.

7. willing

willing Member

biggun Who were the idiots that sent them to Washington?

Bill

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bill,,,,here's your answer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.