1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LET ESPN KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunfun, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I just left the ESPN website that I put above. They have the story on the web about Lindenwood University being the number 1 shotgunning collegiate team for the fourth year straight. I understand they did a story about this event on espn 2..but have not seen it, but it is on their website. They have a comment section and I thought some others might like to voice their excitement about shotgunning being reported on at a national level!! If you sign in to their forum......you can leave a comment about the story. I just did and it can't HURT! :eek:) Sure would be nice to see more of this kind of thing.

Lorna Hull

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Just re read the article, guess they are going to televise the competition in June/July and there will be a feature on ESPN2 in July......we had heard this, guess it is for real!

Be sure and leave your comments!

Lorna Hull

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

4. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

come on everybody........don't you think it would be great if espn started covering shotgunning events?? Couldn't hurt politically either! check this out!!!

Lorna

to the top!

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

It would definitely be worthwhile to leave a comment and I intend to do so, but I would caution anyone who wants to register at ESPN to use an alias email address rather than their own.

ESPN is part of the Walt Disney Family of Companies and is famous for sharing personal information within the Family which then shares it OUT of the Family and so on...and to get rid of it you will need to opt out at each individual web site as it sends you junk, and there will be many.

Mike

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Never mind...
    <center>[​IMG]</center>
    the file for the comment board is gone.
    Mike

7. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Mac,

I just tried the link and it worked perfectly.....unfortunately there has only been mine plus one more comment. I really thought it would be great to let them know we all wanted more coverage!

Thanks for checking.........and check back again because it was working just a few minutes ago.

Lorna

8. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

My son is on the Lindenwood team and called me from San Antonio during the event telling me that ESPN was there filming/interviewing the whole event. Man was he excited that they had won. I was so proud of them. Go Lindenwood!!! Todd

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I am so proud to be from the midwest! We grow more than corn here,.... we grow trap shooters. Lindenwood has an awesome program. It is one of the schools where you can get scholarships to shoot trap. Where was this when I was going to school? I would have worked on my grades harder just to shoot with this team. Congratulations to all the fine teams. You make use PROUD! This week is the Nebraska State High School championships. Hopefully there will be some college recruiters there. Only 4 miles south of I80 at the Grand Island exit. You'll welcome.

10. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Lorna.

I left a comment yesterday just after your post appeared...there was yours and otnot's. I hope the weekend has something to do with mine hasn't shown up yet.

Mkke

11. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Jim, we had planned to attend the KTA this weekend, but my hubby had an unexpected event land on his doorstep he had to be here in KC for. We had it all planned to go but since we had just returned from TX, Bry and I decided to stay home. to be honest I am pooped! LOL

We will see you at the STATE shoot to be sure! I spoke with several people in TX that are planning to be at the state shoot.....should be a great shoot!

Did you go over yesterday or going today??......it was such a pretty day to shoot yesterday! I hope they had a good turn out. I was disappointed not to go just to see everyone!!

Lorna

12. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Jim, do you know who won the handicap yesterday? Glad to hear they had a good turn out. I think the state shoot is going to be really large this year. The added money and the rave reviews from last year are going to help!!

Lorna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.