1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lest We Forget

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wireguy, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

"I am as irate as anyone at the way that Obama and Pelosi, like a pair of old-time bootleggers, strong-armed members of Congress into voting for ObamaCare. But just because the Republicans fought back, I'm not as prepared as some to give them a pass. ... I would say to GOP politicians, you had control of the House, the Senate and the Oval Office from 2001-2007, but you didn't do a darn thing about health insurance. It's only now that the liberals are gobbling up one-sixth of the economy that you're suddenly all for tort reform and allowing insurance companies to compete across state borders. When you had the power, all that people like John McCain and the rest of you punks did was cozy up to people like Feingold and Kennedy, like a bunch of school girls hoping the liberals would ask you to the prom. ... nstead of behaving responsibly, you cheered Bush on when he signed a blank check to cover pharmaceuticals. You patted him on the back and took a few bows yourself, as if you or he were personally picking up the tab for granny's meds. ... I'm not suggesting that I don't despise Obama, Pelosi, Waxman and the other left-wing gnomes, but just letting you know that there's more than enough well-deserved contempt to go around. So don't assume that simply because you call yourself a Republican and make nice with the Tea Party crowd that we trust you any farther than we can throw Barney Frank." --columnist Burt Prelutsky

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

What's the matter with you, Wireguy? Haven't you heard that using your brain is no longer in fashion? You must pick a side and then mindlessly swear loyalty even though both "sides" are getting more similar every year! But seriously, GREAT comments.

-Gary

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They aren't called DemocRATS and RepubliCONS for nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.