1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lesson to Sandbaggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chastaj, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chastaj

chastaj Member

I know no one on this board ever does anything wrong, but I have a confession to make. This is my 1st year shooting trap and after only my 2nd time I shot a 96 in Handicap and 98 in singles. I listened to some others that I needed to take it easy (so to speak) and unfortunatly I listened and started missing targets on purpose. Now it has became a habit. As hard as I try not to, I raise my head and the best score I have got (When actually tring) in the last 2 months is an 86 in Handicap and 91 in singles. Bottomline: Dont miss on purpose or it will ruin you.

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I know where you're coming from. My first ATA shoot was at Carrol County Gun Club in MD, many years ago, I ran the first three 16 yard traps with my great old three pin Model 12. My "sandbagging" began on the fourth trap where I missed four birds. I didn't know I was "sandbagging", but I've been doing it ever since.

3. WJN

WJN TS Member

I confess - I too am a big time and consistent sandbagger.

Jim

4. 1dudley

1dudley Member

I may never win anything but I can honestly say that I have NEVER missed a bird on purpose. Why play the game if you can't play it straight?

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

That is why I wrote my book, How To Make A Fortune In Sandbagging, which can be yours for $19.95 which includes S&H.

But if you act right now, I will send you 2 copies for the same price, plus S&H for the second copy, which is $21.56, a real bargain.

And soon to be released my new book on the boogeyman. My interviews, pictures and his explanation of his methods of instilling fear.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Good one Rick! Unfortunately, Billy Mays is still unavailable ...

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

BigM

Yes and until I find his replacement, my book sales will suck like my trapshooting.

8. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I never really worry about Sandbaggers,because I'm the King.........I start missing on the first trap,and keep it up for the other 3..........Sandbagger my a$$,I just suck.

Have a great day y'all

D.P.Reynolds

9. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I started out shooting 97/98 in both handicap and singles at my first event. Don't wory about missing; it comes naturaly. Then the flinch will hit, and of course changing guns once and a while will cost dollars and scores. This sport does not necessarly get easier. Good luck. AJ

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

easily solved. Buy a Ceasar Guerini and send it back to the factory for service a few times. They have great service. All their customers tell us that.

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Whats your problem with Ceasar Guerini?

I was going to sandbag once but then I looked at my score and figured I'd already missed too many targets. And that was in the first 25.

12. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

The best thing about being in AA or AAA is.....There are NO sandbaggers!

13. Nutso

Nutso Member

Move to Kentucky, it's sounds like one club actually held1 yard reduction shoots. I,m serious look at the Club closing post.

Unbelievable.

14. Nutso

Nutso Member

Actually it's the "Farewell to ATA Board........" post.

I can't believe a club operator would admitt to such a thing, and then blame the ATA.

That thread confirms everything I heard about Kentucky trap shooting.

It goes to show that well don't have the same set of values, integrity and principals. These the same types that don't give their seat up for a lady, wear their hats at the diner table etc. if John Wayne were a live and present he would slap them with his cowboy hat.

15. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Fishing expedition doesn't seem to be going all that good, eh?

"unfortunatly I listened and started missing targets on purpose.."

That's some serious douchebaggery.

16. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

trolling, trolling, trolling.

17. Nutso

Nutso Member

My take on what the operator stated is that he lost business due to the 2 yard reduction resulted in shoot participation, as shooters didn't have to "shoot for one yard reduction", meaning they got their reduction already. To me this means the club operator was fully aware the target dropping was going on, and as such should be critizied for it.

One side me says I'm venting, the other side says,the critizim is deserved, if only to show others target dropping is pathetic,not what this games about, nor is it condoned in any way.

18. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Shooting a required number of targets to avoid penalty yardage is one thing.
    Shooting a required number of targets to qualify for a reduction would only
    get you a reduction if you had low scores when shooting those targets. If you had high scores or got a punch you wouldn't get the reduction. If your motivation in shooting is not to do your best and shoot the best score you can,
    then you shouldn't be shooting.

19. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I believe what he said was that he lost a lot of shooters because they didn't want to earn yardage at a small shoot, but would take yardage for winning money at larger shoots!?!

Now if this is so, All clubs should see a drop in the number of long yardage shooters who are hoping for the big score. Of course, there are not as many 26-27 yard shooters as there was 2 months ago, are there.

In my opinion, if the ATA wanted more shooter participation, especially at the Grand, they should have made the reduction just for the Grand.

Then, no small clubs would suffer from lack of participation during the target year.

One might go a bit further, and say some may skip their State Shoot for a shot at the Grand added money, then what would the ATA think.

I don't know the answer, just have some commments. :)

20. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I think oscarspap & I must be twins, WOW a long lost brother I didn't know I had. GRIN-- Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.