1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lesson Learned The Hard Way US Post Office At Work

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by train222, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I just felt the need to share with you, the experience that I had with the United States Post Office this week....

I ship several packages and letters out on a daily basis...

This past Wenseday I mailed out 35 invitations to my wifes up comminging 60th Suprise Birthday Party...

Made sure that I had the proper postage for the wieght and size of the envelopes..

To my Suprise when I got home late Friday afternoon, all 35 envelopes where sitting in my mail box. With the postage cancelled out!

I Freeked Out!

What could I have possibly done wrong....

I went back to the post office on Saturday morning and spoke to the clerk that I had originaly had giving the envelopes too. (Whom I am very friendly with)

He looked at the envelopes, and right away, he new immediatley what happened..

I had put small return address stickers on the BACK of the Envelopes....

He told me the sorting machine read the small labels on the back of the envelope and printed the computer tracking codes on the back of the envelope.

Thus the computer gets the blame for sending the 35 envelopes back to me...

I said, OK one or two envelopes I can see, but 35 of them being returned...

Did'nt the postman see that the addresses where all different?....

The clerk told me that they are trained not to look at any addresses, but just the routing numbers...

I said common sense should come in line here some where, don't you think?

His answer was...Quote un Quote "Common Sense...You are Dealing with the US Post Office...."

Fortuneatley there is enought time for the invitations to be re-sent in time for the party, I hope so...

Lets see what I find in my mail box on Monday....

The Moral of this story is, DO NOT PUT A RETURN LABEL ON THE BACK OF THE ENVELOPE!....

Have A Great Day...

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Return address goes in the upper left corner. Bulge.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

USPS said upper RH corner, so thats where it goes. You wasted $15.40 and time because you didn't mail in the manner that they requested.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They go in the upper left hand corner, stamps go in the right hand corner I learned that is second grade ... The new automated machines do not know any more than the data thats fed into them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have received many invitations and thankyou notes with the address on the back,,,,Has something changed????

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

i recently mailed in a payment where the only thing showing in the little window was a bar code. weird. anyway, i agree with your postman's assessment: look at the morons you're dealing with. they'll be providing your health care next. after the po goes bankrupt. good luck with it

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Come on Bill. Ain't no way in hell a man of your age remembers the second grade. LOL

8. kytrapdad

kytrapdad TS Member

You or most of you learn in the 3rd grade that return adds go in the upper left hand coner. If you put your return on the back and the letters get sorted in the machine and It reads the back instead of the fron then there is only 1 add and thats were they are sent too. So don't blame the PO.

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

grntitan, I've got news for you. She was a tirant who did not hesitate to the rod liberally. When you screwed around, you got wacked!

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bob,

You saing Bill felt the wrath of that tirant often enough it stuck in his mind? That i can believe. LOL

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

If it was a NUN they whacked first then asked questions. They were some mean women. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.