1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo's Trees

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Aug 31, 2013.

1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Prairie State
    Although taken from the other thread... it's title caught my attention, but not as how they had intended. I had the same thought as KenF and WS1.

As a young child, we were encouraged to plant Olive/Fruit trees in honor/memory of those important to us, as a living reminder of their impact on our lives. Those trees still bear fruit and shade us.

What about some type of cooperative "shade tree" planting effort with the ATA/HOF/IDNR to establish a living memorial for those shooting sportsmen and women (regardless of age) who left us all too soon at any age?

Needed trees would be planted and ultimately provide needed shade and an HOF commemoration of some type could be developed...

20 years from now the young pups shooting would continue to benefit and be reminded of the shooting legacy and generosity of their forbearers...

Respectfully offered,

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998

The Sparta Chamber of Commerce will be planting a tree as a memorial. They sent me word of doing that instead of sending flowers to the funeral.
    I think a more lasting rememberance for the young shooters would be to get the HOF museum building up and running. Most of the young ones never got to the museum in Vandalia, they need to see our history.