1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo's HOF Benefit Auction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Jun 14, 2013.

1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Attention shooters!!! Starting June 15, Leo Harrison III will be conducting an online auction to benefit construction of a new Hall of Fame museum building.
    Shooters may bid on up to four spots on Leo's squad for the NRA singles at the Grand American, August 10-11. Bidding will close on Sunday, June 30 at 12 noon, central time.

Top bidder will have the option of buying 1-2-3 or all 4 posts at the bid price per post. In the event that the top bidder buys less than all 4 posts, the second highest bidder will have the option of buying one or all of the remaining posts. Should any posts remain, the third highest bidder will be offered a post, then the fourth highest bidder will be offered a post, should any remain.

The first 100 targets of the event will be shot on Saturday, August 10 with the second 100 to follow on Sunday, August 11. On Saturday evening, Leo's squadmates and a guest each will be invited to a dinner, hosted by Leo and Karla.

New Federal ammunition will be provided for the event. Entry fees and options will be the shooter's responibility. Travel/accomodations are the sole responsibility of the shooters. Pre-squadding will be arranged by the ATA.
    100 percent of the auction proceeds will be donated to the building fund for the new museum, planned to be built at the WSRC at Sparta. Donations to the HOF are tax deductable.

Bidders MUST sign their bid with their real name and ATA number. Bids without proper ID will not be accepted. Top bids will be verified by phone before being accepted.

If anyone has any questions, you may email to karlaannharrison@hotmail.com or PM to trapwife.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How much for just a picture with Leo ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. trapwife

If you're coming to Sparta, he would be honored to take a photo with you, but if I remember correctly, you don't shoot the Grand?

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I might be driving back to Chicago to take care of some personal business that week and might stop by just for kicks ... I won't know for sure until I hear from the Attorney of the exact dates ... I don't shoot the Grand for personal reasons but getting my picture taken with the Big guy would make it all worth while ... I shot with Little Big Leo years ago back in Mexico. Mo he was like 4 ft wide and 4 ft tall at the time, shooting in a T shirt while it was sleeting outside ... I asked if he had a jacket and he responded that if its to cold to shoot in a tee shirt, its to cold to shoot ... I hold on to that good advice to this day, not that we have that problem here in Arizona very often ... I think he must of been hungry because he didn't seem to be all that friendly that day ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I'll shoot on the squad with you Karla, you do shoot the Grand don't you ..?

5. trapwife

I'm not a shooter anymore, it takes all my time/effort to be Leo's travel agent/tour guide/ wife/etc..........Hope you make it to the Grand.

6. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Would Leo mind shooting with a Chimpanzee ?

7. trapwife

Architects are expected to have information to display at the Grand about the new building. I've been told it was voted by the HOF Trustees to place it east of the events center (near the target building) so that the current parking lot can be utilized.Plans are for about 7200 square feet of floor space.

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Did the THOF Trustees purchase the land yet ?

9. trapwife

I'm not sure of the ownership of the land. I do know that building a museum, even on land we don't own, will be less expensive than keeping the artifacts in storage.

10. shotgunpeople

Thank you for the information Karla and Colonel.

Another quick question for you. Has the THOF Board of trustees selected a replacement for the late Dr. H. Lynn Parsons ?

Thanks, Dave

11. trapwife

I believe they have, but at the moment, the name escapes me.
    Anyone wanting to bid on a post, should do so on this thread. I have had some questions about where to bid, maybe I wasn't clear.

12. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Are donations to the Hall of Fame tax deductable? If so where should checks be mailed to and what is the official name of the organization?

13. shotgunpeople

I just had a PM telling me to read Page 93 of the GAH program. I thanked him.

Dave

2012-2013

Board of Trustees

Jim Bradford, Jr., Chairman, Nebraska

Dennis DeVaux, Secretary, Vermont

Skip Trammell, Texas

Eugene H. Clawson, Jr., Montana

Jeff Wagner, North Dakota

Gerry Williams, Arizona

Appointees:

Tom Burkey, Treasurer, Pennsylvania

14. trapwife

Donations to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame are tax deductible. The organization is a 501-C3.
    Anyone who wants a donation form, just give me your mailing address. You may also just bring your donation to the Grand.
    Thanks....Karla

15. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Make it $200.00
    Pat Haskins 9905213

16. John Upcraft

John Upcraft TS Member

How about $400.00
    John Upcraft 9700154

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just one more unselfish act from GREAT ambassadors of this sport. The character of Leo and Miss Karla should try to be emulated by all.

18. trapwife

Keep in mind shooters, that for the price you pay, you will get 8 boxes of new Federal ammo to use in the event plus a nice meal on Saturday night for you and one guest. Every penny you pay goes to the Hall of Fame. Leo and I are covering the cost of shells and meals.

19. trapwife

Just a reminder that bidding closes on June 30 at 12 noon.

20. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Karla.. Leo gave me $2 bucks in Ohio and told me to not bid... said it would hurt the chances of having a 500 squad... LOL

Jerry B