1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo's grade VI BT_99

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BILL GRILL, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Leo

Posting for a good friend and fellow club member. Leo's grade VI no modifications all factory original w/case. TTwo chokes full and mod. Has the short factory choke tubes, invector I believe. Gun has about 3000 targets shot at. Price is $2995.00.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01826.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01827.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01828.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01829.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01831.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

34" barrel. Pm here or call 906-869-9959 or email billgrill@charter.net.

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Picture's Of Wood Please Joe W.

4. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

0   0   0

Beautiful iron.

Chris

5. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01830.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

0   0   0

Leo's grade VI-only 25 were ever made. I purchased #002 in 1994 and sold it here several months ago.The pic you are showing -I do not think it is a grade VI.

7. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Serial no. is right out there for the checking. I bought this gun from Perkiomen Gunworks,Sparta Tn. Their reciet said that's what it was? I'm no expert on BT-99s? Will look for receit this evening and post it. Bill

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Seems confusing to me also. The Leo version has a blued and stainless barrel model. They have been referred to as both Grade VI, and Pigeon grade. From what I can tell the standard Pigeon Grade model does not have gold inlays. The Grade VI seems that it would and does, similar to the Grade VI Citori's. I have however seen the box for a Leo's Special BT-99, and the word Pigeon was printed on the label, not Grade VI.

More confusion. Joel Etchen, I heard, had a model of the same sort made for him in a special run that looks very much the same. Maybe this was the Grade VI version.

Dennis, that gun is a beauty, as my friend is the one that purchased that gun. I have yet to see it in person, but can tell by the pictures. That version of Leo's was with the stainless barrel, making it even more "Special". There may have been only 25 made of that stainless version. I know the other Leo's models were made in runs of 100 minimum, I think, as well as Joel Etchen's run, if true.

Hopefully, a very knowledgeable Browning enthusiast can clarify. Jon
    [​IMG]

9. Stl Flyn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Called Browning. This is what I was told.

Leo's Specials are the only BT-99 with gold on them. The run numbers are in an oval on top of the receiver. They where run in different models of BT-99's, in different years. The number of runs where not know by this individual. The Leo's would end in the same serial number as the standard Pigeon Grade models. There never was a Grade VI BT-99 made. Only a "Leo's Special Pigeon". As for a Joel Etchen model they where not aware of any. They may have been exclusively sold through Joel Etchen guns, is what I am thinking, seeing as Leo Cerar and Joel Etchen where in Pa.

So, if it has a number in a oval on top of the receiver in gold (Picture), you have a "Leo's Special Pigeon", not a "Grade VI".

The BT-100 Leo Special's where identified in the serial numbers themselves, example, (0001NTL99). The 0001 was the run number, "NT" was the year of manufacture, "L" signaled Leo, 99 = Bt-100 model. Jon
    [​IMG]

10. Stl Flyn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This gun, if it does not have the run number in the oval, could be a Pigeon BT-99 with the gold added to the engraving in a aftermarket application. Seeing as it is a "Competition" model from the late seventies, early eighties, this may very well be the case. Most Leo's I have seen where from the early nineties. I guess you should look for the oval. Jon

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

0   0   0

The box and the gun serial number in gold that Jon just posted is from the gun I sold in April. I just updated the thread when I sold the gun up above.

Kit

12. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is no oval with number on this gun. Also gold on left bird is flawless it is just a poor picture. Bill

13. Stl Flyn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I think the engraving on these older Pigeon Grades where more detailed and deeper. Nice looking gun. There is more contour in the gold birds compared to the newer guns where they look flat.

14. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

0   0   0

You guys made me go and check and see how my Leo spec. were and both my BT-99 and my BT-100 have the numbers on the release. Also, my BT-100 has the serial number the same as the number on the barrel release but it does not have an "L" after the year. It is a "V". And yes it is a Leo spec. BT-100. Thanks, Frank

15. Stl Flyn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Interesting. Maybe all gold inlayed BT's are Leo's. Now are they Grade VI, or Pigeons? Original boxes anyone?

Frank,

Where the serial numbers low? What was the model numbers after the date letters? Curious as to both 99's and 100's. Jon

It seems that Browning just let who ever was working at that moment do what they wanted as far as model numbers, and serial number for identification. How f'ed up this is. Crazy.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What ever model it is, it sure is one beautiful gun. I know it's not yours Bill but it would be hard for me to let it go. I have BT's now and have had BT's in the past but nothing like that beauty.

Bump Back Up

17. FHALZ

FHALZ TS Member

0   0   0

The number on the BT99 is 004 and on the BT100 is 036. Both had 99 after date. Thanks, Frank

18. BILL GRILL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

19. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

0   0   0

I had the pleasure of buying a few trap guns from Leo back in the day and got to know him and his wife. I have a 1988 Pigeon NIB 34" blued :) Here's what I know:

Best I can remember they were introduced mid 80's and were made till sometime into the mid 90's. The Leo BT's were made in Grade I, Grade I with Grade III wood, and Pigeon Grade 6 with gold birds in coin finish or blued. 32",34", some fixed, straights and Montes, some with Invectors.....various configurations.

There were 99's, and later a very small number of 100's, stainless, and a few Plus guns made. Total production in all grades was something like 1200-1300 guns (at the time).....as told to me by Leo a couple years before his death.

The two sure ways to recognize a Leos is look on the reciever just above the opening lever .....all are numbered in an oval (in gold) in that location. And if the box is available it will say Leos Special and the grade on the end label.

My guess is this gun is one of the run Etchen had made since it lacks the number at the lever. It does not appear to be signed by the engraver either. ****EDIT**** I see this gun is in fact signed on the rear corner. Every Leo Pigeon I've ever seen was signed. I have a scan of a Leos ad from Shotgun Sports I'll try and post later.

Hope this helps.

20. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

0   0   0

Circa 90-91 As you can see he called them Grade VI....but the boxes I've seen are marked Pigeon.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
b25

browning bt 100 leo pigeon

browning bt 100 pigeon grade
browning bt100 leo pigeon

leo pigeon bt 100 browning