1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

leo's class

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dangerousdode, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerousdode

dangerousdode TS Member

I went to Leo's class on 10-1-07 & it taught me alot.
    I would highly reccomend this class to anybody!

2. kreith

kreith Member

dangerousdode,

Give us some insight into Leo's class. What was his teaching style, etc. tell us more so we may be interested.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Congrats on attending Leo's clinic and becoming a "Leo Elite"! After my third clinic with Leo It is starting to come together for me.
    Karla and Leo do their best to work with you and improve your game and you won't meet nicer people.
    Shannon Mayes

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo's style is pretty straight forward. He tries to explain WHY certain things work better (at least for him) and helps the individual shooter to discover their own personal strengths and weaknesses. Good shooters are the ones who make the least number of mistakes, so he tries to help you clean up the small mistakes. A typical class begins with a round of singles where he observes and takes notes, but doesn't say anything. During this round shooters are video taped. He then has a discussion session and goes over his notes one on one. This is followed by a gun fit session, then more discusssion about foot position, hold points over the house and where to focus your eyes. Then the shooting begins. He tries to look over someone's shoulder for every shot. Shooters in a one day class will shoot 100 each of singles, handicap and doubles, more if time and daylight allow. He follows each class with a letter containing his contact info and encourages his students to keep in touch if they have questions or concerns or just want to share their successes. He teaches all levels of shooters from those who have never registered a target to the All American level. If you have any other questions, feel free to email to the above address. Thanks for asking about Leo's Elite Shooting Instruction.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I took Leo's class last February. Below is a post that I wrote at that time. I was pretty comfortable with my shooting progress but I was hoping two take away at least a couple of definitive suggestions. I did and I continue to use them. Since February I picked up 4 yards in handicap to reach the 27, shot my first 100 straight and raised my singles average to a very solid A.

From February 22, 2007

"I know that a lot of people are curious, as was I, if taking a shooting clinic from one of the well-known, All-American shooters would prove to be beneficial and worth the investment of time and money. After some discussion and research, three of us decided to take a private, one day, Leo Harrison clinic.

All three of us are guys who shot and hunted when we were kids, put those things on hold while we've made our way in life and have now returned to trapshooting as a "new" avocation in the last two years. All three of us have enjoyed very good success in ATA events and have steadily increased our averages and yardage. As such, part of our concern was having someone try to make big changes in our individual styles with which we have achieved that progress.

However, we felt that an independent, knowledgeable evaluation would be of benefit and we hoped that we would perhaps gain some additional insight that would help us to progress faster. So, we paid our money and took our chance. It could not have turned out better.

First, Leo and his wife, Karla, are delightful people. Leo is a true gentleman and, despite his imposing physical presence and legendary success, immediately makes you feel comfortable and confident. This rapport encourages you to ask questions. He offered his opinions and philosophy of shooting in a non-authoritarian manner.

We started about 10 a.m. and the finished a bit after 3 p.m. With just the three of us, we were able to go through singles, handicap and doubles without feeling rushed and Leo was willing to spend as much time with each of us as necessary. His comments were always framed in a manner that allowed us to consider our ability or inclination to accept them.

On the ride home, we all agreed that both our time and money represented a wise investment in our future success in the sport. We each picked up suggestions that we have implemented and which are already paying dividends. We also agreed that compared to the cost of practice rounds and competitions that the clinic fee was a bargain. If you have the opportunity to attend one of Leo's clinics, I strongly recommend that you do so. You will have a great day and will be a better shooter for it. "

6. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I am new to trap shooting and would like to attend Leo's class, but have no idea how to contact Leo and set up a class time. PLEASE send contact info...Thanks

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

email karla at the her email address above. she is leo,s wife & will help you get into one of leo,s classes 573-795-6992 or 573-985-8237 are there phone numbers dwain

8. trapwife

Thanks for all the kind words...Leo

9. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

I took Leo's clinic 10/01/07 and everything went as Karla described. Karla and Leo are very nice. I am looking forward to implementing the techniques that Leo suggested. It was very helpful to be taped while shooting and actually see what Leo is addressing in the clinic. Following are some pics from the Clinic.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Pam Lewis

10. trapwife

Thanks Pam, it was our pleasure....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.