1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leopold couterfeit warning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Not sure how old this is, I just ran across it today.
    http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/resources/counterfeit-warning/

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

OMG.........Blasphemy!!!

This is happening in a lot of other parts of our country. Another benefit of the Nafta heritage.(in my opinion).

HM

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ummmm... Halfmile,

NAFTA is a trade agreement between Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Ignoring NAFTA's merits or lack thereof, the Leupold release identifies Hong Kong as the source of the counterfeit scopes.

What's the connection between counterfeit products from Hong Kong and a North American trade agreement?

sissy

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

we don't build any scopes in Canada that I am aware of...

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My bad, rather than NAFTA, the lowering of trade barriers to the orient (whatever its name) has created opportunities for all sorts of copied merchandise from China, as well as legitimate goods. There is no way any of this can be detected when shipped in.

I have seen small motorcycles with inch for inch (cm for cm) copies of Yamaha 80cc engines that you couldn't tell from the real thing till you got close, very close. There are some very cunning camera clones out there too.

The world I grew up in did not have all this chicanery going on.

Caveat Emptor.

HM

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So.... if container loads of fake Leupold scopes can make it past customs, how does this make you feel with the possibility of terrorists shipping nukes and weapons like Stingers?

7. ATF Agent

ATF Agent TS Member

As long as the terrorist's privacy is protected, I'm good.

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

A small percentage of the containers that enter US ports are ever inspected so the chances of either of them getting through inspections are pretty good. But detecting counterfeit merchandise is a lot more complicated than detecting weapons. There's a big difference.

Morgan

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can buy alnost anything of value in a counterfeit form today. Watch's are all over the net, Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc. Next thing will be a fake model 12 I suppose.

10. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Yes, Clinton got the free trade accord w/China and Dubya says its good for America, won't change a thing. Little Bushie says cyanide in your drinking water is good for you. He says illegals entering the country is good for you. See! both parties have scumbags... You can't just be liberal or neo-con, you must investigate all canidates and be independent in selecting your VOTE: It doesn't take much a person to follow the Pied Piper ( radio propganda jocs., moive personalities. Be a real American, and be your own person. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.