1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Elderkin, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elderkin

Elderkin TS Member

I recently purchased a used Browning BT 99 ( ser# 00039NX399 ) This gun has the numbers 039 engraved and gold filled at the end of the rib just ahead of the barrel release lever. I called Browning and spoke with the Browning Historian, Glen Jenson who informed me that I had a Leo's Pidgeon. He gave me a very short history of the gun telling me that a Leo Cerar of Library, Pennsylvania had Browning produce these guns usually in lots of 100 and that mine was number 39 out of the 100 of that series (? ). I have since found a few pictures on the net showing other Leo's that were significantly different than mine. Mine has a 32 inch barrel, invector + choke, Gracoil, blued reciever ( with rather basic rolled engraving ) with the stock made from truly nice grained walnut.
    I would really like to find out more about the different series ( or what ever they may have been desinated ) and more about Leo Cerar. Any thing that any one would care to share will be greatly appreciated. I have researched all the available data that I have been able to find on the net.

Thanks
    Elderkin
    Wayne Taddio
    5308 Willman Lane
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Email: sandwt@live.com

2. jwebster

jwebster Member

I also would like to find out more about the series of leos made. am interested in purchaseing one. any info would be very help thanks jer. jwebster114@cox.net

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Leo and his wife ran his shop in Library Pa. I was in it many times as I live just north of Pgh. He was just south. One of the nicest gun shops I have ever been in. Leo died a few years back and his wife with the help of their son sold the inventory. Very nice family. When Leo was running the business he always attended the grand at Vandalia and had one of the small garage style buildings there. Bulge.