1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Leo Specials

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

I recently purchased the most beautiful BT 100 and was first introduced to the term "Leo Special". The gun was one of a series that was ordered and sold by Leo's Custom Guns in Library, PA in 1996. Unfortunately Leo has passed away. The historian at Browning gave me what information he could but it was only enough to pique my interest. I am sure that Leo was not the only one, or maybe he was, to place the limited edition orders for guns with fancy engraving and wood that truly make them unique and I would like to learn more about them. These guns have unique serial numbers and one I have is identified as number 20 although there is a number 10 engraved on the top lever. 10 or 20 of how many? Why the two different numbers? Anyone else out there have any of these guns that they would like to share information on?

Don in PA
  2. G4AV8R

G4AV8R Member

Don, I know that Miller's Gun Center in New Castle, De. 302-234-8004. had some limited edition Browning shotguns made exclusively for them. John Miller,one of the owners, at that number, could probably give you more info. Good luck..
  3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Leo Specials of any variety are gorgeous, but the BT-100s are also serious trap guns.

PS: Owning one of these rare beauties is a responsibility so for goodness' sake keep that receiver knuckle lubed!

-Gary
  4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Active Member

Joel Etchen had BT-99's built very similar to Leo's Special. These were basically Pigeon Grade guns from Browning with gold inlays added plus perhaps a more select wood. Not sure about the BT-100. Marc
  5. BreakUmAll

BreakUmAll Member

Don, I have a BT-99 Plus Leo Special.. Serial # 015***WA69. The WA69 looks to be stamped afer original #. This gun is Eye Candy anyway you look at it. Also is a very good shooter. I have been told there were 100 of them made but I have no proof of that.. Larry in Indiana