1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo III's cant?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I've got a course on 'gun fit' coming up as part of a series of 'Coaching the Coaches' seminars. One of the questions I intend to pose is along the lines of how individual style relates to gun fit. I've never seen him shoot, but understand Leo shoots with noticible cant on the gun...approximately how much when expressed in degrees? Cheers-Graham.

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

It seems to me LEO cants bad.Sure can't argue with success.
    What the hell he is giving lessons.
    Before it's all over I think Leo will be the greatist trapshooter in history.
    Look at his record and he is still a young man.

Bo

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take a look at the human body. If you are right handed where is your right eye in relation to your right shoulder? It's important to keep your eyes level when shooting, that said, how do you get the rib and beads in front of your eye with the gun mounted? I believe the best way is to cant the gun to the left. A 5 to 10 degree cant will do the trick. If you think it will change your POI give it a try at the patterning board, I doubt you will see any difference. HMB

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

How young is Leo? I have not seen him shoot in a while. Is he still quite heavy? Jake

5. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, My question was raised so that I have examples of styles that are outside accepted wisdom, but give fine results to their exponents...gun cant (Leo H), stock crawling (Karsten B), atypical weight distribution (Todd B), body orientation to target (George D) and strange stance (that 'bullfrog' thing some ISSF skeeties use)...in most of these examples I should imagine that the gun would have to be 'set-up' differently than if the shooter had a more 'conventional' posture. So, how much (approx) does Leo cant his gun? Cheers-Graham.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I watched the trapshooting video by the late Frank Little and it looks like Frank definitely had a cant when mounting his high rib TMX. I took a one day clinic from Daro Handy and he said he uses a cant to help his style of shooting but he does not recommend a cant for the average student.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.