1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo Harrison offers Jr camp

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Check out the Dec issue of Trap&Field to get the details about a new and exciting opportunity for junior and sub-junior shooters. Leo Harrison III will offer young shooters the chance to come and stay, play and shoot with him. Campers will be at home at Ka-Tonka Hunt Club in New London, MO where they can get individual shooting instruction. Many other activities will be included. Email for more info or call 573-985-8237

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What a GREAT idea!!! The kids are going to be in for a real treat. They will love Leo and Karla.

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

Karla will you take my son for the summer? LOL What a great thing your doing for the kids. When my son is old enough he will be attending you camp.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I've never met Leo, but through a shooting friend of mine who "used to go on the road to shoot for money", Leo is a great individual, a gentleman, and one of the nicest individuals one would ever wish to meet. Given that background information, I am not surprised that Mr. Harrison is holding a Jr. Camp. Impressed? Certainly.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

What was that age limit again? Hapjr :)

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Okay - I'm interestde for my kid...

Details? Dates?? Cost??

Joe

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Karla- Can I come too? I promise to behave.

Pat Ireland

8. trapwife

Briefly, the camp will be held June 1-5. Shooters (ages 13-17) will arrive on a Monday afternoon and depart on Friday morning. They will be housed in a great lodge at the gun club. I will be providing the meals, including cookouts, BBQ's, pizza party, etc. On Tues, Wed, and Thurs, the kids will receive trap instruction from Leo. Other shooting will be available, including sporting clays, 5-stand and skeet (this is optional and at extra cost) Activities besides shooting will include fishing, pool tournaments, card games and a trip into Hannibal to the Mark Twain Cave. Campers will receive an offical "Leo's Elite Trap Camp" T-shirt. Cost covers lodging, meals, clinic, targets, day trip to cave, and shirt. Cost is $750. Transportation not included. A deposit is required with the balance to be paid upon arrival. Deposits are non-refundable but transferable. If you have any questions email to above address or call 573-985-8237.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Karla, if Pat gets to come then I do too.

10. recurvyarcher

Karla, I sent Sara and email to see if she would like to attend. She's turning 16 in February, so she kind of makes her own summer plans, but she has shown an interest in shooting again. She would really love the cave tour, too.

11. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

What could you possibly teach a kid at that age??? I have a 17 year old here that has known everything since she was 12............ "hire a teenager while they still know everything"........... :) l.g.

12. recurvyarcher

Well, she emailed me back. Going to school in Seattle has influenced her mindset about the shooting sports, and she is no longer interested in shooting. *sigh*

I can only hope that it will change sometime in the future.

If I were young enough, I would jump at the chance to go to this camp!!!

13. trapwife

It always amazes me how much you can teach a teenager, as long as she/he isn't your own. We had a young student once that I felt during the early hours of the clinic we were wasting our time and his. He never seemed to be paying any attention. During the lunch break he pulled out a small tape recorder from his pocket! He has since continued to shoot and shoots very well. The good news about teens who "know it all" the older they get, the smarter their parents become.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.