1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo Harrison III ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doubles Xpert, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I was fortunate enough to be able to take the Thursday / Friday Leo Harrison Class this past week here in Northern California. WOW he is a huge guy , what wonderful ambassadors he and Carla are for our sport. He is well spoken and was so down to earth… if I had half of the trophies he has ... Just dreaming now I guess... Just a few comments on his course without giving too much away, he gives you the basics and then critiques your style while watching you shoot. If you take his course, be ready to shoot a lot! He nailed all of my bad habits in just a few shots and then would remind me as the lesson went on to focus on these issues. Any way I thought that I would apply his lessons so I went to Livermore Gun club on Sunday and applied all of his secrets (well at least the ones he gave us) on some single targets… guess what? They work!!! I won my Class in Singles!!! Yeah Me!! There is hope!!!

Thanks Leo and Carla, had a great time at dinner Friday night too.

2. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

congrats

3. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I think my son might have Leo beat, 6'7" 410 lbs size 17 hockey skates. Biggest kid on ice. He never shot trap.

Harry

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Carl--That is funny. I can hear him saying that.

Harry--That is a big 'ole boy. I used to play ice hockey myself(size 9.5 skate). I bet he is hell along the boards. You get that much size and weight going, you don't want to be between him and the boards thats for sure.

Doubles Xpert--Great job and yes Leo is a great teacher. He is like talking with one of your friends and never forgets a face and name. He is a true ambassador to our sport.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I know a man who shot with him when Leo was a kid and his dad/grandfather. Let's just say the fruit did not fall from the tree. A true gentleman as well as an exceptional shooter and competitor.

Don Verna

6. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Hey Doubles----Mike Cunningham from Groveland here. I was at Thursdays

and Fridays clinic also. I had the CG Maxum Combo.

Congrats on your win. It was an absolutely great clinic. I'll shoot either

at Stockton or Jamestown tomorrow and hopefully break um all!

That was the very best money I've ever spent at trap!!

Mike C.

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Hey, I agree with you guys 110%. I was the Infinity SBT guy and shot Thursday and Friday. Leo saw my bad habits I have perfected over time right out of the gate. He was able to explain in terms I could visualize how to overcome these. I have not had the chance to practice the new "me" yet, but I truly believe I can overcome my well learned bad habits. I would have just enough great days to think I was "there" and then the ugly truth would get me.

I really expected him to diagnose exactly what he did, but was surprised he saw it so quickly. He and his lovely wife are truly a treat to take a class from.

8. fuzzy-one

fuzzy-one TS Member

I too was fortunate to attend Leo's clinic in Oakdale, I was the Ljutic. The speed at which Leo was able to pick up on my bad habits was amazing. Leo is quite a gentleman and Karla was great too. The time went by too fast and with a little more time who knows what I could have learned. If there is an opportunity to attend his clinic again I will be first in line. "Great Job Leo" and from me, very much appreciated.

9. md-11

md-11 TS Member

I would like to add my appreciation for Leo as well. He is a true gentleman and a great instructor. I was not at the CA. clinic but in June my son and I drove from WA. to Gillette WY. to attend just a one day clinic each for the two of us. Day one was a youth clinic put on by Leo just for the kids. Day two was an adult clinic. I was amazed at Leo's attention to detail and his ability to pick up on the smallest of details in an instant and his knack of conveying his observations to each individual. Prior to this clinic, my son and I had only shot trap and ATA for one year. He had a 80.9 % avg. and was showing slow but steady improvement with personal high scores of 89 in both singles and handicap. Following this clinic we drove two days straight to a shoot back in WA. My son stepped to the line and shot a 97 on day one and a 94 day two. A respectable improvement I would say. The next week was our state shoot and my sons scores in the preliminaries were 92 and 94. Day one of the ch. round he carded a 96 and the final round of the ch. singles he ran the 100 straight and took the WA. STATE Sub Jr. championship to boot. When I asked him what he was doing differently than before the clinic he said "I am just doing what Leo told me to do dad!" Oh to have the uncluttered mind of a 13 year old again!! I can't wait to be able to take a full two day course with Leo next year.

Jeff Daigneau

10. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Jeff,

If you enjoyed the one day clinic that much, you'll be amazed at the

two day clinic.

On the morning of the second day, we really put to use what we learned

on the first day. Leo really spent a good amount of time with us as

a group and individually. Shot 2 singles and 3 cap. It really

solidified his methods. Compared to our first round of singles on

day one versus day two, all of us could see a marked increase

in our hits. All that improvement with a full choke!!

Mike C.

Groveland, CA

11. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Opps----forgot to say the afternoon of the second day was dedicated

to doubles.

If he comes back next year, I'll do it again. Would not miss it

for the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

leo harrison lll too fat