1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LEO HARRISON III @ DGSC IN MORRIS, IL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by k1200ltc509, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

All-American and Team Captain Leo Harrison III will be holding a series of clinics at the Downers Grove Sportsmans Club located in Morris, Illinois.

There will be a two-day clinic on May 28th, and 29th that will cover singles, handicap, and doubles shooting. The cost of the two-day clinic is $330.00 This clinic is ideal for those just starting out in the sport.

On May 30th, Leo will have a one-day clinic with the topic being doubles shooting for either the beginner or advanced shooter. Only doubles shooting will be the topic for this day, and cover all aspects of shooting this event. The cost of the one-day clinic is $220.00.

On May 31st, Leo will conducat a one-day clinic that will focus on handicap shooting for those interested in improving their performance in this event. The cost of this clinic is $220.00.

On June 1st, there will be a juniors clinic that will cover singles, handicap, and if there is interest and time allows doubles also. The cost of the clinic is $110.00 for juniors. Those older then 18 can take the clinic on sunday, but they will pay the full rate of $220.00

Shooters will be required to pay for their targets, and in these clinics you can figure on shooting probably 300 targets in a day. Club members will pay whatever their mebership rate is. Non-members will pay $5.00/round of targets, and the non-member rate for doubles if they take the doubles clinic.

The clinics will start at 9:00am and end around 6:pm. Lunch will be provided each day by the club for the particpants. There are numerous hotels in the area for those out of towners that wish to take any of these clinics. These clinics are designed for those just starting out in the sport of trapshooting, and also for those experienced shooters looking to improve their game.

Feel free to contact me for directions to the club or for further information. A one half deposit will reserve a spot in the clinic. Space is limited and the classes were completely filled up last year. Thanks, Rick Gibbs

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

Seems to me like if i am a beginner or an advanced shooter im gonna be confused at the end of the day on the 30th since this day is for both.

Bill

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Bill, I promise you won't be confused. Every shooter is treated as an individual and gets a lot of one on one attention. Classes are limited to ten for that very reason. Leo won't send you out onto several traps and just stand back and let you shoot away. He walks behind the five at a time squad and tries to watch over your shoulder for as many shots as possible. He has had many clinics that mixed new shooters with experienced ones and so far I haven't heard any complaints. As Leo's bookkeeper, my policy is "if you think you learned something helpful and had a good time doing it, go tell your friends, if you didn't get anything out of the class, tell ME and we will refund your money."

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

Thank you very much.

Bill

5. trapwife

Technically, this is not "club sponsored". In other words, the club is not paying Leo to come, the participants pay him a fee and the club is allowing the use of a trap, in exchange, they get to collect for the targets.Shooters are also responsible for bringing their own shells. If anyone has any questions about the classes, please talk to Rick or you may email me (address above) and we would be happy to answer your inquiries.

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Spit, I for one would like to applaud Rick on these target prices. Past management charged non member fees's of $5.00 per round for anyone in the clinic, including club members. I never agreed with that, but that was what it was. After reading some of the target prices posted on this forum from around the country, even $5.00 per round for non members doesn't seem out of line.<br>
    As Karla stated, the club is not a sponsor of these clinics, but provides the use of a modern facility including all Pat traps with Canterbury wireless voice release and trap help for these events.<br>
    I'm wondering what the non member shooting fee's are at your mecca and what services you provide? Harv.

7. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

BTT for monday morning!

8. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I have taken two clinics with Leo in the past. He is articulate and knowledgable about the sport and analyzes your shooting with an experise few can exhibit. His explanations are clear and concise and he works on all aspects of your shooting. I would be taking his doubles and handicap clinics if I was not on my 25th wedding anniversary trip at this exact time. If you get the opportunity to have Leo help you in your shooting, jump on it.
    Pat Haskins

9. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I am not trying to be off topic, but i have shot with Rick and Jay (spitter), and have found both individuals to be gentlemen. I would find it hard to believe that Jay meant any ill will by his post. I would like to add that Rick does some great things for the kids at DGSC. I will probably have to work every day listed except for Sunday, or else I would try to attend one of the clinics. Have a good evening, Rodbuster.

10. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Thanks for the comments Rodbuster and Pat. But Pat are you going to let a little thing like a 25th wedding anniversary to stand in the way of a Leo clinic? LOL Don't say it I know the answer. Congrats on the anniversay, spring league is coming up. I guess we ended up in fourth place last year. RG

11. trapwife

Deep breath boys.....let's play nice.....sometimes what we type and what we actually mean don't always come across as the same sentiment. Let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt this time. One good point made here, clinics while not a club sponsored event are a great opportunity to pull in new shooters who may become members. Let's hope that happens everywhere we go, the world needs more shooters. That's one of the goals of a clinic, to help folks improve there game to the point that they feel shooting is more "fun" than "struggle". Jay, if you want to register for the class, I will personally pay the difference in target prices so you can get the member rate, how's that?

12. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Lots of interest in the program. Back to the top. RLG

13. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Karla, Im wondering how to get my money back because im still shooting like crap after 6 classes.LOL. Bump for the best class in shooting. Curt DuVall

14. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Curt we didn't discuss it but they could have a remedial day for those graduates like you and I... LOL. Thanks, for the comments. I think that when people take these clinics they are probably the best reference for new shooters to take them. They are going to be here most of the week, how close to Joliet are YOU? L<O<L! RLG

15. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

L, I actually live in South Carolina. I was just poking fun at karla. Leo and Karla are very dear friends to me and the BIG GUY has done a considerable job making me a better shooter. I would not take another class from anyone but Leo not only do you get the best instruction from the BEST, you usually end up friends with these great people. I wish you and yours a great class and hopefully your shooters shoot a little straighter. Warmest Regards Curt DuVall

16. JPK1957

JPK1957 TS Member

Leo gives a great class and is a "Class Act". He just returned a call to me about a problem I was having and talked to me at length about a crossover stock. You can't go wrong on Leo or DGSC. I've only shot there once, but it was a very well ran program. John Kaigley

17. smoking clays

smoking clays Member

18. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

I am interested but would like to find out more info on the class. As far as gun fit does he do it individually or is it just a general topic? And as far as shooting does he do it individually?
    Thanks

19. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Good morning and to answer your questions. Leo will check how each shooters gun fits and attempt to improve this by adjusting it or using moleskin. He also generally has 5 shooters on the line at a time, and thru observation and videotape he corrects the shooters and does his training. And I can add that Karla did a pretty good job with observing bad habits. They are just a gem. Leo will give private lessons, and I think that their schedule will allow it if you are interested. You shouyld probably email Trapwife direct for a quote on the private sessions cost. Thanks, Rick Gibbs

20. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Mr. Gibbs

I did send you a confirmation email but received it back yesterday. It appears your email be down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.