1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leo Harrison III and the CTC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SDGooseHunter2008, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDGooseHunter2008

SDGooseHunter2008 TS Member

I would just like to make a thread saying that it was an absolute honor to be able to shoot and share the Co-Championship with Leo for the Clay Target Championship Event. I know that his dedication to the sport and kindness to other shooters has made him a great idol to follow for many people, including myself.

I know for me it was an awesome feeling to be up shooting with one of the most well known and greatest trapshooters that I know. 200x200 in the event and 900x900 in the shootoff...an amazing run!!! Congrats again!!

I feel that is it necessary to put out a thank you to the president of the ATA, all delegates and directors that helped, trap pullers, and all others not mentioned who helped out...the shoot couldn't have been run without them and for me personally it was a very smooth ran grand- no problems with squadding, getting up on the line, etc. GREAT JOB!

-Foster Bartholow

2. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Foster... Congratulations are in order for both you and Leo. I was not there but what you and Leo accomplished will most likely not be broken for some time... maybe never. I commend you not only on your shooting abilities but for taking the time to post this thread to congratulate you competitor, it says a lot for your character. A well deserved championship... Congratulations once again!

Rich V...

3. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Congradulations on your shooting at the Grand the shoot off was a pleasure to watch and you both did deserve to win. I to felt the Grand was well run with no hick ups. Jeff

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Awesome run,

I would not want to be a goose anywhere near your blind!

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Foster, you are a first class man! Your thoughtfulness and professionalism makes you even more of a hero in my book.

Congratulations to you, and also to Leo.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Foster, you are a very deserving co champion. I happy that both you and Leo were declared as such since having broken so many in shoot off that it would have been a shame for one of you to loose.

I also want to commend you on your proficiency at catching empties from your gun. This was almost as interesting to witness as the actual target breaking. It appears that your technique is equally as sound here.

7. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Foster-- tell them about your Dad showing up for the last day as a surprise for you and what you admitted to me. LOL

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have said before this generation of "young guns" is going to scare all of us old farts with the scores they break. Time for a pro tour as the spread is only going to get wider.

once again great job-- pk

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

Foster you and Leo put on one hell of a show. Well done. Trevor Dawe.

9. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Foster, I wish you could have heard all the great comments that were made in the grandstands about you. You are a champion and I hope that you continue to conduct yourself in the ways of a true champion. Congradulations on a great Grand....hope to see you under the lights again next year.

10. SDGooseHunter2008

phil-

yeah that was one of the best feelings in the world to see my dad there when we agreed to co-championship.
    ---- he had been out on business trips all week, he took time out of that and flew down to the grand...never telling me or my brother that he was coming, just my mom...so he was at the back of the complex waiting for the results of the shoot off from my mom, and when it was decided as co champions he ran up from behind the vendor buildings and gave me a big hug and congradulated me for my accomplishment!!!

it meant so much to me to see my dad there, the feeling was incredible to know that he went through the hassle of changing flights and and a long drive time just to come see me, win or lose!!

and phil, i dont know if i should put up the other stuff!! lol jk :)

-Foster Bartholow

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Congratulations to both of you guys! An amazing feat of mental and physical endurance breaking 1100 clays in a row!! Here's to hoping you both break even more records! Hap

12. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

Foster- Congradulations, you sure did represent SD well at the the grand this year like you have every year you've gone. I wish I could have been there to see it.
    -Lucas Young

P.S. Did I hear you were going to try for the olympics now? Is it true or just a rumor?

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Foster........ you and Leo put on one heck of a show and for me it was a highlight in what was a dismal shooting week for me. We all know of Leo's attributes and sportsmanship but you, at your age, are a credit to the up and comming young shooters. Furthermore, also being a one-eyed shooter, you make all of us very proud. Keep breakin 'em and I hope to formally meet you soon. One question though, where is your gun holdpoint, it looked high.

John

14. jarbouh

jarbouh TS Member

Great shooting guys, Does any one know how old FOSTER is.

Eli.

15. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

20 I think

-Lucas Young

16. jarbouh

jarbouh TS Member

You're not joking, This is owesome shooting for a young man keep it up FOSTER.

17. SDGooseHunter2008

john,

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I sure do appreciate them, I hold my gun right at the top of the trap house to just a little above it, depending on the variations in wind direction and wind speed.

Mr. Young!! how are you doing? thanks also for the comments, I am deciding right now about junior olympic. It definitly would be a new and different sport, I am going to be going to the junior olympic trials and if I do well there then I will probably pursue international.

-Foster Bartholow

18. Browning30

Browning30 TS Member

Foster- Good luck at the trials, are you taking your brother?-Lucas Young

19. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Foster you and Leo put on a great show it was a pleasure to be there to see some of it. It is just amazing to go that far in a shootoff.

Terry.

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Good job, Foster.

You made SD and RCTC proud!

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.