1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lense help please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Clay Addict, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Try Dr. Frank Rively...I think he is still parked at Sparta 570-587-4283. He did wonders for me and several of my friends.
    CA

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike, Zeiss blanks are nice, but not the be all and end all. I have about $1000 worth of prescription shooting lenses. I've learned my lesson. I've tried post 4. I've tried Rively. No one up 'till three days ago got it right.

At the Eastern Zone Shoot at Elysburg, I had time to kill so I went over to see Mike Lavalee at L&M lenses. I showed him what I had and told him what I liked, didn't like and hoped to achieve. We found a lens that I though would work. He jotted down the dims of my frames, then pulled out a machine to measure interpupillary distance. It was one of the machines the good docs use to measure for progressive lenses. Anyway, he measured 33/30, and I told him to make them like that.

Everybody else used a ruler, then averaged the split. Every other pair of Rx shooting lenses I have were done that way. They all fatigue my right eye after a while, some sooner than others, and my left eye starts to take over. With these new lenses, the optical centers are in exactly the right place. I mount the gun, drop my head to the comb and everything lines up perfectly. The lenses are more comfortable to look through with the gun mounted than without. That means he got the centers placed perfectly for shooting.

Mike carried lenses from Lehman, Randolf and Decot in all the colors, plus has a slew of custom tints. He is more expensive than the others, but judging by the pair he just sent me, he's worth it.

BTW, I am a lot happier with lenses make from the best optical grade CR-39 plastic. It is clearer and more precise than polycarbonate.

You can contact Mike Lavalee at (802) 527-0764

If you Email me I'll give you his cell number.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mike Lavalee, L&M lenses, (802)527-0764 voice, (802) 524-0186 fax.

Email me for Mike's cell number.

Ask him about Zeiss blanks. I believe he or Lehman carries them.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Email sent.

The color I picked was BRNZ 2PR BRN C Polarized. They actually sent 3PR (darker). No bull polarization, astounding contrast, natural color and a slight darkening (reddish) of the orange dome. Black ring stands out like a sore thumb, and better than anything other than Post4 Orange ice polarized (very weakly polarized and makes orange go yellow). White clouds, glare and shooting with the sun in front of you are not problems with this tint in polarized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.