1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lens color ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What do you think is the best lense color for shoot orange dome targets against a green tree background, in sun, cloudy conditions. The targets will never break into the sky.

Thanx--Phil Berkowitz

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

vermillion.
    steve balistreri

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Take some time before you shoot to look through some lenses. I use purple for that situation, but may eyes may differ from yours. Its all about contrast

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Vermillion

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil, as you know everyones eyes see colors differently. MY eyes thought vermillion was best, then I tried pink blaze from Post 4 and had a new favorite.
    Pink blaze is a derivative of vermillion. Good luck, Harv.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Those who pointed out that color perception is an individual thing understand the difficulty in giving a simple answer to your question.

I prefer V-lite myself... a pinkish color offered by Decot but available from just about everyone else.

Vermilion gives me a headache. I can use target orange against cloudy sky but V-Lite is the color I use for just about every condition.

As was already suggested, don't by a lens color until you have taken the time to look at targets through color samples under a variety of light and background conditions. Buying by recommendation only may leave you disappointed.

MK

7. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I started with the Vermillion due to popular demand but then I went to Bronze and never looked back! As stated above everyone see's differently.Go to a big shoot were you can see a vendor and look thru them all and form your own opinion.PJ

8. Plattbird

Plattbird Member

Green trees in the background and sunny days...Bronze works best for me too. Overcast against green trees...Target Orange.

9. alf174

alf174 Member

Its personal but I like grape (purple).

10. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Phil,

Comming from a old dude, I think the Vermillion work great with a green background.Even better is Rangers CMT len's,BUT-- it has to be a real bright day or they dont work.This opinion is comming from some one with old eyes LOL.Good part of the time I have to use yellows to brightinn things up !!!.

SANDY HOLEHOUSE ( A New England Shooter with tree backgrounds)

11. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Decots... Vermillion

12. g36

g36 Member

Ranger Vermillion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content