1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lens color?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KF9VH, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

I have been out of trap for a while. I thought years ago I read that with lighter color lens your eyes are less dilated than with dark glasses there by allowing you to focus on the target better. Am I dreaming this or does this make sense. Your thoughts please.

Thanks

Mike

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Use the lightest tint that gives you the color definition you want.

Carol Lister

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

This gent is the man to ask

[​IMG]

4. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

Frank made my night shooting lens a couple of years ago at the Grand. The are a very light orange. Perhaps I will get in contact with him.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The concept is correct. HMB

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Yes... lighter tints to allow greater amounts of light. As light as possible, keeping it comfortable for your eyes, allowing the greatest depth perception.

As for "color", the job is to enhance the target against a given background. Talk to your optics vendor and offer the most likely target color(s)/background(s) you may encounter for their best recommendations. If you shoot in different climates (e.g. Midwest/New England, against tree lines) take that into consideration as an additional lens option.

regards to all,

Jay

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The worse conditions for me is Winter shooting and bright sun. I don't shoot anymore at night so a vermillon tint, just dark enough to keep me from squinting, works best for me. These glasses are also great for regular sunny days. Most of my shooting is a tree background. BT-100dc

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

KF9VH:

Your recollection is correct. More light entering the eye causes one's pupils to constrict which results in a sharper focus.

Spitter and BT-100dc added two critical points.

1. Use the lightest tint you can wear without squinting.

2. The color or colors you select is/are "to enhance the target against a given background."

sissy

PS: Welcome back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.