1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lens color

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike T, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

Looking to buy anothe color of lenses. I have the following
    Vermillion (red) which I don't like the orange targets look yellow.
    Bronze 2(brown) which I like but, on cloudy days a little too dark
    and Gold 2 (yellow) which I also like for dark cloudy days.
    These are all Decot lenses so I would like to stay with that company.

Any ideas? What about Purple? What do the orange targets look like thru Purple lenses?
    THANKS
    mike t

2. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

On bright sunny days, I wear the darker purple or darker pink lenses (not vermillion, actual pink) and the orange targets stick out pretty good. You need to look through them yourself though because everyone is different.

Luvn

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think the Ranger series of plano lenses are compatible with Decot as well, but to answer your question directly - reds, purples, yellows and oranges will amplify the red/orange and minimize green/blue light in the spectrum.

If a fellow shooter has the Ranger system and specifically the CMT lens - try those, for bright light - they amplify the red but do not minimize other color to a significant degree.

Also check out some of the aftermarket polarized lenses, but if at all possible, test-drive (beg to borrow) what ever you can to avoid laying out the cash.

Jay Spitz

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike....I have 6 sets of Decot lenses. For me, the dark bronze 2 works best for orange targets on bright, sunny days and on hazy, or dull days. I also use blue ice strictly for green targets. The only other set I use is clear, which I use for shooting under the lights. I have a set of V-Lite's (vermillion), lighter bronze, and a set of Gold 2, which are all useless to me, as none of them does anything for me. My Rx just changed and I need to get some new lenses, and I will get the bronze 2, the blue ice, and clear. That's it for me. Remember, however, what works for one person may not work for another. The best thing you can do is to try different lenses when you go to a shoot where there is a vendor. There you will be able to really tell the difference in contrast and pick which works the best for you... Just my experience..Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Decot VL-lite Violet[MEDIUM].....thats all you need to know!

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

What lense color is good for green targets?,Thanks...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.