1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LENS COLOR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Caribou woodland, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

I Shooters,I am 63 and I always use yellow lenses but since I had my cataract fixe ok I am having probleme in bright sunny days my eyes got very tired by the brightness.Could you recommand a color? Was tinking Plano Polarized Brown or Vermillon.Background is always green at most clubs.Appreciate your suggestions and comments.Thank's

Salutations
    Pierre

2. dzneff

dzneff Member

The vermilion work for me. It shows the targets very good. Works in any sun or cloudy conditions.

Dennis

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I use a polarized dark amber (same as brown) for sunny days. I'm sensitive to light and this let's me shoot without squinting.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Talk to your Doctor and see if you see the color of the targets properly. All people do not see the colors the same.

If you do,Vermilion(Red) is made to highlight Orange and darken Green. Works real good with Evergreen Trees as a background.

Ajax

5. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

For myself, in the conditions you describe, a light purple has been working very well.

Todd

6. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

tried vermillon its ok i personnaly like terget orange it really enhances orange. havent found color for backround that made difference for me. thats why i went for the orange it was a little better than red just a little input from me . have a great day howard ps this was a post 4 color

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have 11 sets of lenses and have used all of them from time to time ... The only ones I do not have are the Ice Blue ... I also have a set of HighDefSpecs and they are good for driving but not worth a damn for shooting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have fairly sensitive eyes to bright light. I have my best luck with the Light Purple and also Vermillion colors in that order with my Randolph Ranger shooting glasses. I can't stand the Yellow unless its really overcast or at dusk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.