1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lens color

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tommy67, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

I have a red/green color deficeincy and have been told the red or vermillion lens color will enhance my ability to see the target. I have also been told the red lens color can burn the eyes if worn more than an hour or two in sunlight. Is this true? If there are any shooters with the same color deficeincy (commom in males), what lens color do you prefer?

Thanks

Tom

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I'm red-green color blind, and have been using vermillion/watermelon for about eight years. The color seems to work well for me. I've tried a variety of other colors, but always find the vermillion best.

3. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I'm red-green color blind, and have been using vermillion/watermelon for about eight years. The color seems to work well for me. I've tried a variety of other colors, but always find the vermillion best.

4. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I am about as color "blind" deficient as you can get with red/green. The Air Force took me out of aircraft electrical repairman class...taught me how to type, instead. I have used vermillion...they are good, but just bought a set of Bronze lenses (dark) polarized from Decot...fantastic in bright sunlight. Call them, they will send you a sample to judge from. Very easy on they eyes and makes targets glow. Regards, Ed

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I was told by Wayne at Morgan Optical that vermillion is the best color for red green deficiency, works for me. I may check out the Decot lenses, thanks for the tip Ed. As for burning the eyes, mine must be toast!

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.