1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Length Of Pull

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682Fan, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682Fan

682Fan TS Member

How do you determine the optimum length of pull for you? I have been adjusting mine and lately I think it is costing me birds. My initial LOP seemed uncomfortable-a little short. I added 1/4", Is this too agressive? Any advise?

arnie

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Arnie- The best L of P for you depends on your body size. There is no set rule that will apply to everyone. As just a starting point, mount your gun as you normally would and determine the distance from your nose to the tip of your thumb. About 1 inch is a good place to start. If your thumb hits your nose when you shoot, the stock is to short. Few shooters will want this distance to be greater than 2 inches.

Pat Ireland

3. xb2dr

xb2dr TS Member

Hi Arnie,

My Wife and I went to a coaching clinic ealier in the year. During the gunfit section it was said that when the gun is mounted your elbow on your right arm should form a 90deg angle. This is if you are right handed. They got every one to line up with there guns mounted and they went through and held the gun out from your shoulder (when needed) to indicate how much more length was required. My wife's gun had been cut down at some stage and fitted her quite well. Mine had been cut a little bit, during the fitting the recoil pad I assume, and they believed I needed an extra 25mm. Do search on the main page for length of pull and you should find my original post from the 3rd Feb with pictures.

Brett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.