1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leica Rangefinder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rumplestilskin, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Does anyone have experience with Leica Rangefinders? I just got the Cabelas CLR800 and I'm not happy with it at all. I'm looking to send it back and get something with better quality. I'm looking toward a Leica but also thinking about a Leupold.

2. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

I have the leica LRF 800 and love them. The new crf are quite small and hard to hold steady. The bigger LRF are more like handling binoculars. Personally feel you cannot go wrong with Leica. If you look around a bit, you will be able to pick up the LRF model for a great price. Good luck! Just my input.

JR

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Rumple.. - Try B&H Photo in New York. They have all types of rangefinders, binoculars, scopes, etc. I've bought photo equipment from them for years. Top service, fast shipping. Hard to beat.

You could also do a google search. They'll connect you to several price comparison sites. Adorama in NYC is also a good source.

Good luck.

Best,
    Dennis

4. Rum River

Rum River TS Member

I have the LRF 1200 Scan model, very happy. Have gotten returns off of non-reflective targets (prairie dog mounds, etc.) as far as 450 yards. Reflective targets (grain bins, pole buildings, rocky outcroppings) as far as 900 yards. Have been able to read distance to flying geese. This model has a narrow beam that seems to make the difference. Dan

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have a Leica 800. The 7 power optic is as good or better that my 10x40 Leica Trinovids. It works really well. Many are cheaper but go to a shop that carries them all,give them a credit card & drivers license & take the finders outside & try them allagainst one another.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I have the Leica LRF900 Scan. It has very good optics and it's very accurate.
    I do find I need a good rest to get the little square on a critter out there about 500 yds.
    I've compared them with cheaper model Bushnell and Bushnell knockoffs and found like an other optics you get what you pay for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.